Going to DR

jrd

Jan 15, 2010
hi all, my wife and I are heading to DR the 2nd week of march and staying at Don Juan..anyone else going there then?? We are looking for fun people to party and have fun with while there. Also looking for suggestions as to where to go off resort to catch some nice sights.

take care.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
plz tell us if this is your first trip and whether you can speak some spanish. then we will be able to guide you more.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Don Juan is right in town so you are a 2 minute walk to all the bars and restaurants on Calle Duarte.
The food at Don Juan is pretty basic so you may want to eat downtown a few times. We did. Napoli Pizza is 50 feet outside the hotel and is pretty good.
The Don Juan offers a free bus to the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo daily if there are 10 or more people. This is worth checking out.
There are some brutal rooms at Don Juan. Be very forceful at check in that you want an outside view with a balcony. Trust me when I tell you this!!!!!

sawsky

Jan 12, 2007
where are ya,s from my wife and i are going too be here in boca chica until 1st of april .pm me.

jrd

Jan 15, 2010
hi all, thanks for the notes..first time at this hotel so hopefully will be at least adequate :) i know its not a palace by all means but most of the reviews i read were fairly good.