Going to SD Last Week of Aug. for Relocation: Need Aparta Hotel (or Apt.)

robalec

Jun 17, 2015
It's not how much money you have coming in that counts, it's that you must have money coming in from retirement income or from property rental and you have to apply for the visa before you come here. Without wanting to start another thread on immigration, the rules are very specific and if you can't show a property rental agreement and show that money coming in, you won't get the Rentista visa which is the nice one to get.

If you do want to bring chicas back, I would definitely suggest that you go for an aparthotel rather than renting an apartment as you will have more security. I think it's fair to say that almost all of us who live here are extremely careful about who we let into our homes. Once you start reading DV8's posts, you'll quickly get up to speed on the gruesome murders which very often begin because someone had an argument with a chica.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My first visit will be less than a month, so normal tourist entry should be okay. My next visit would be in the 1-3 month range, so again I could do a tourist entry with extension (I think). After that time, I will know much more about my plans and the rules there. I work from my laptop. I would have to show income on my tax returns. I do have one rental property, but I'm not near retirement. Anyway, these things will work out in due time.

I kept an apartment in the philippines for two years and was in a busy area. I liked it because everything was so close, and yes I was picky about who I invited back to my apartment. In the meantime, I will be looking at aparta hotels, unless I find a furnished apartment on a short term deal.