golf prices

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
Thanks, RandyE. My husband and I are definitely only interested in the top notch courses, and when my dad comes, he'll want to experience them too.

I think that crappy 9-holer will be good enough for him to just get out of the house for some exercise, when we don't have time to play with him. It's just a few minutes down the road too. In fact, I think we'll rent him a scooter - if they have a carrier on the back that will fit his golf bag.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
JanH said:
I noticed a small resort between Sosua and Cabarete that had a golf course. Don't remember the name, but it would be about 5 minutes away from us - which would be great for a quick 9 holes in the evening. Is anyone familiar with that one?

Jan, I have neighbors who played there. They say it would be fine for a quick 9 holes. If you only play on Playa Dorada, Playa Grande, or the course suggested in Santiago, then you are likely to play a lot less golf than if you add Costa Azul to your list of courses.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Dr Mpe.
I think they refer to the Playa Dorada golf course in Playa Dorada which is just outside Puerto Plata. The accepted abbreviation & airline abbreviation for Puerto Plata airport is PoP!! - Grahame.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
"Carrier for bag"- your funny Jan. Good idea though. Seen some people from Caberete going to the course, bags hanging from their backs driving scooters. Have a good time!

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
RandyE - well, don't laugh too hard ------ i know it seems weird, but we have people here that have golf bag carriers for their Harleys!!! best of both worlds - huh? ha ha.