Good Body Shop in NC or Santiago?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
here are two shots of harley's car i took today. it was on a parking lot so not very good:

29pqdtt.jpg

and

20pewj8.jpg

it is hurt pretty bad..it is hit at the bottom of the doors, by the rocker panel, but look at the gap at the top of the front door. it will have to go on a frame machine to square the unibody. very few guys have one of those here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my guts told me something like 2k dollars to fix it but i showed the photos to miesposo and he thinks it will be less. a lot depends exactly on what you said: the damage under the doors, to the frame of the car. we have a good man in POP who can fix it, hopefully but he will need to see the car to give better advice and exact quote. good thing is that spare parts are cheap.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
my guts told me something like 2k dollars to fix it but i showed the photos to miesposo and he thinks it will be less. a lot depends exactly on what you said: the damage under the doors, to the frame of the car. we have a good man in POP who can fix it, hopefully but he will need to see the car to give better advice and exact quote. good thing is that spare parts are cheap.

i cannot see how it can cost less than 2 large, even in the DR,where labor is cheap. you are looking at 2 doors, a rocker, maybe a center post, frame machine time, r/fender repair, plus floorpan time, which means gutting the interior. big job..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks dv8 for posting them.

Gorgon when i screw sh*t up, I make sure I do a really good job.

The Wife was not happy to come to this and me picking her up at the Airport in a shady barrio's neighbors truck :)

sorry this happened to you . no way to sugarcoat it, but it is hurt. if i could see it closeup, i could tell exactly how bad it is..i could tell you what can be repaired, and what has to be replaced.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot see how it can cost less than 2 large, even in the DR,where labor is cheap. you are looking at 2 doors, a rocker, maybe a center post, frame machine time, r/fender repair, plus floorpan time, which means gutting the interior. big job..

i am not a car person, i looked at it and run a quick comparison to the fixes in the family. if it is too much money a car can be sold, as harley says. dominicans will fix it and claim it was never damaged :)

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I just purchased a door for a Honda Accord, 3000 pesos, and a front fender, 2500 pesos installed......so you get 2 doors for your corolla, and a bumper (2000 pesos for an Accord so probably cheaper) for around lets say 8-10k (way to high of a quote, but on the safe side) pesos, and get it painted for around 20-30k pesos (whole car).....
Don't ask for quotes to repair the whole car, go to Santiago, and go east on the street by Santana Motors (on main street) and there are plenty of used car places. Go and buy the replacement parts and have them install them, then go to someone to get it sprayed. This is the experience I went through

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I just purchased a door for a Honda Accord, 3000 pesos, and a front fender, 2500 pesos installed......so you get 2 doors for your corolla, and a bumper (2000 pesos for an Accord so probably cheaper) for around lets say 8-10k (way to high of a quote, but on the safe side) pesos, and get it painted for around 20-30k pesos (whole car).....
Don't ask for quotes to repair the whole car, go to Santiago, and go east on the street by Santana Motors (on main street) and there are plenty of used car places. Go and buy the replacement parts and have them install them, then go to someone to get it sprayed. This is the experience I went through

this is far more than 2 doors and a fender. this is not simply hanging sheetmetal . this car has some pretty serious structural damage, even to the floorpan behind the center pillar. it might need the r/s T for the uniside. i am not sure by looking at the picture, but the rocker panel is pretty badly hurt. you do not just patch those things with filler and putty, or the doors will leak if a cloud passes over.

by the way, Harley, can you open any of the doors?

Ya I found out today that the back passenger did open when someone we met today opened it as i was yelling NOOOOOOO!

The other front passenger does NOT open so when the wife climbs over the Brake she shows her thong under her dress to everyone watching..Jajajajaja

In case anyone is wondering I did this on my birthday at 430 am while texting and driving. I will not text and drive or drink and drive ever again....and yes I have had enough lectures from Canadians.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
The other front passenger does NOT open so when the wife climbs over the Brake she shows her thong under her dress to everyone watching..Jajajajaja

and i missed it today?! good thing i was able to feel her up, eh? ;)