Gran Ventana

CathyV

Mar 30, 2004
:bandit: Hi Everybody,
Has anybody been this this Hotel? My sister-in-law and myself are thinking of a week vacation in October. Some R&R for the mothers!!
How is this place?

Dec 9, 2002
Nice hotel [I invariably stay there whenever I come to DR] although it is beginning to look a bit jaded. The bathrooms could all do with revamping, the nightly entertainment is mostly done by the animation team - they work very long hours and try really hard, but don't expect too much.

The main pool is where all the "fun" stuff is done, music and games all the time, the beach is quiet but can get a little windy in the afternoons, there is a quiet pool which is wonderful if you just want a little peace to read and laze around.

The food is typical AI buffet food, although there is always plenty of choice - freshly made omelettes for breakfast while you wait - mmmmmm - highly recommended. You can also get freshly made pasta dishes, chicken, beef and other stuff grilled while you wait too. Other than the main buffet, there is a beach bar where you can get lunch - burgers, hot dogs, pizza etc, great for kids and grownups alike. There are 3 a la carte restaurants, all of which are very different and very good for both food and service.

Several bars - beach bar, lobby bar, pool terrace bar, swim up bar, and one at the quiet pool. You can get alcohol from 10am to midnight.

The staff are great, all really friendly, they will make your holiday fun.

Enjoy.