Great to see an active forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Dominican women online? Piranhas?
Money a Dominican lawyer may have no problems taking from you :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
Buyer beware. Not everything is as appears in paradise.
That said. Wish ya all the best and....
Welcome to Wonderland!!!!

i am not suggesting that the lady in question might be one who can be found on a site like Dominican Cupid, but those are very intriguing. just read their profiles. unemployed homemakers, with incomes of 400,000 pesos. wonder where that came from...

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
Thanks. It's true there are piranhas. I've been to Rio de Janeiro a few times and it seems there are quite a few. Even in the SF Bay Area I find women who are great for a toss or a throw, to quote Salinger lol, but after the the hours of fun it's no longer interesting. There's no romance. Anyhow, I totally don't get piranha vibes from her.

The DR1 site seems like a great resource and I'm happy to remain active on the site.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks. It's true there are piranhas. I've been to Rio de Janeiro a few times and it seems there are quite a few. Even in the SF Bay Area I find women who are great for a toss or a throw, to quote Salinger lol, but after the the hours of fun it's no longer interesting. There's no romance. Anyhow, I totally don't get piranha vibes from her.

The DR1 site seems like a great resource and I'm happy to remain active on the site.

hey, if you have found a woman who is interesting after the monty is over, God bless you. i am fully aware that there are certain characteristics which are universally applicable, so this is not an indictment of Dominican women only, but i find them to be depressingly limited insofar as conversation is concerned.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Of course after the conversation comes Bachata Dancing! And then....

hey, if you have found a woman who is interesting after the monty is over, God bless you. i am fully aware that there are certain characteristics which are universally applicable, so this is not an indictment of Dominican women only, but i find them to be depressingly limited insofar as conversation is concerned.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Of course after the conversation comes Bachata Dancing! And then....

actually, my beef is that there is precious little one can talk about after the old bump and grind. then again, some guys prefer their women to remain quiet after...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
We met online a while ago. I've done most things online since the 90's. i'm not a spring chicken.
She's a lawyer so she's got that stuff handled. She will make sure all the t's are dotted and i's are crossed :) It's a good situation.

No, the residency process starts in your home country. There are documents you need to get together, translated and approved by the DR consulate in Ca. This includes an FBI background check with fingerprints. Does not sound like you have done much in the way of investigating the move. I wish you luck but it is a big learning curve coming to a third world country.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello,

I'm presently living in SF Bay Area California but relocating to DR around Christmas with the intention of marrying a Dominican. I'm an IT guy since the mid-1990's so it's great to see an active forum. I don't have any particular questions at the moment however I'm glad to have access to dr1.com as a potential resource of information. I've much to learn.

I'm sorry, but you have never met this women in person and you are already to get married? You seem to know very little about the DR or how things work. I hope it works out for you but based on your posts I wonder if you are suffering from 'island fever" and really don't have a thorough understanding of life in the DR. Good luck and good travels

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello,

I'm presently living in SF Bay Area California but relocating to DR around Christmas with the intention of marrying a Dominican. I'm an IT guy since the mid-1990's so it's great to see an active forum. I don't have any particular questions at the moment however I'm glad to have access to dr1.com as a potential resource of information. I've much to learn.

i am curious as to the order of your priorities. i am not sure you if are relocating primarily for the purpose of relocating, or you are relocating in order to facilitate the logistics of marrying a Dominican woman. please clarify, if you will.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
i am curious as to the order of your priorities. i am not sure you if are relocating primarily for the purpose of relocating, or you are relocating in order to facilitate the logistics of marrying a Dominican woman. please clarify, if you will.

If you're going to ridicule the poster, then back off now.

I EXPECT your future posts in this thread to be 100% informative, factual and on-topic, with zero sarcasm, opinion or flashes of perceived brilliance. Yes, this goes for all posters, including the mods.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hi Waitman, as a fellow Californian (Sacramento - Go Raiders) who has been living in the DR since 2007 I can tell you from
personal experience that there are both good and bad women on line as I have met a large number through this method. The majority were very good experiences and I have now been married to one I met online since 2012 and she is a gem. Wouldn't trade her for any California babe. Good luck and I hope it all works out great for you. I love this place even though I try to
change the drivers on a daily basis by honking and screaming at their idiotic practices and poor driving. Welcome!!!

Waitman

DR1
Dec 12, 2016
waitman.net
It could possibly be cheaper and easier to get married in Las Vegas. That's just like a couple of plane tickets. But she's working that legal stuff out.

I'm not going for the intention of becoming a Dominican. It's possible that we will go to the US, or Europe. But the plan is to stay in DR. It's an unrehearsed journey with much on the fly.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It could possibly be cheaper and easier to get married in Las Vegas. That's just like a couple of plane tickets. But she's working that legal stuff out.

I'm not going for the intention of becoming a Dominican. It's possible that we will go to the US, or Europe. But the plan is to stay in DR. It's an unrehearsed journey with much on the fly.

Good luck to you.

Since this is forum for new members to introduce themselves, I think you have done that.

Looking forward to hearing from you in our other forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.