green house effects

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
I'm surprized no one has said any thing about the events in the antartic.All those far ,far,to the right people are scrambling to look for all the ways they can convience people we don't have a problem with global warming.Also please ,save your time by trying to change my mind on the subject for i realized a long time ago we had a problem and i also realize thats it's to late to do anything about it,far to late...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dear John", It is "never" to late

I was at McMurdo Station Antarctica in 1984 to study the "Effects on the foetus(fetus to Americans) of breathold diving in the pregnant Weddel seal". The multi-year research project was sponsored by "The National Science Foundation".There were "scientist" from all over the world in Antarctica to study"The Green House Effect","Hole in the Ozone" and related "Phenomenon". Basically they just wanted to have a "trip" to the "South Pole",spend "Millions" of taxpayers dollars,go home ,write an article proclaiming the end of the world as we know it,get funded,come back every year,have fun,write,get funded,get the picture? So don,t give up "Hope"! The research is "flawed",the "Papers" are biased.Written to get "Funded"! Research the web sites where your like minded peers congregate to proclaim that "The End Is Near"!(Or just "search" CES,s DR1 posted ramblings!)see;"The Sky is Falling",by Chicken Little,very informative!...."John","John",...you come out from under your bed Right Now!"..and stop putting that #400 sun block all over your body,you,re starting to look like an Albino!!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Last edited:

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Out of curiosity, John, if your mind is closed why start a thread for discussion. You won't pay attention anyway. Seems by immediately going on the offensive against the "far, far to the right people" you're just trying to start another "controversial thread" and get the regulars fighting.

burmell

Jan 12, 2002
Antartica

I heard about the large ice mass that came loose and has melted. I am sure that you also realize that the deapth of the ice cap in othere areas has been INCREASING at a much faster rated than was ever predicted. I know that as you have stated this will not change your mind, but I would appreciate an explanation of how this relates to your global worning THEORY. I say theory, because that is all that it is.

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
Well Chris i don't use sunblock,to late. Also it's just not only in the antartic but other regions and areas of the world the effects of gobal warming is being felt. right in my own area ,then just north in the canadian artic. The reason i say their is nothing we can do,is because people can't even agree yet that we have a problem .BUT you are right Chris on one point its never to late,even though the stuff is in the air on the way to the fan,maybe,just maybe,we can do something so it does not get sprayed to far.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Dear John",It,s hard not to like you!

I gave you my "best shot" and you didn,t respond in kind! We don,t agree on this one,but I bet we could find "common ground" over an "ice-cold Presidente"! Come on down."Anyone notice how hot is has been lately,or is it just John and me?"CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
global warming

Here in the Northwest Coast of North Amercia we have just broke over 300 records for cold temperatures and snow. I've heard that these cold temperatures were conversely caused by global warming. John, perhaps you can explain this to me. Like many I'm concerned about pollution but don't quite buy the global warming therory. Chris, were you a Navy fellow?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Ice Cold Presidente

Why worry about what is happening in Antartica. Lets make some use of it. Get a thousand or more ocean going tugs and push the giant berg to the Mar del Caribe. Think of the possibilities, plenty of cold drinking water for the island and a natural cooler for Presidente. Regards, pjt

jt76

Jan 23, 2002
A question

Would the posters who argue that ther is no global warming explain to me how a chunk of glazier 55 miles wide just break off?
Keep in mind that this is the second one in recent years.

Also, how the Maldives islands are shrinking due to to rising sea levels?

Or how about the fact that the ice cap over Mt. Catmandu will totally disappear in less than 50 years?

Remember that DR is an island with tourism as a major source of income. What's going to happen when raising sea levels claim the coast?

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Yo Criss . . .

. . . what do your people tell you about global warming? I clicked on, www.pollito.com/skyfalling and I'm still confused ? ? ?

And one other thing Criss, ah... like... ah... I'm really confused by your posts: "- "Fred" and AZB", Real Macho Men!!!!Yea, Right!! -" * and then you signed as Criss Colon. And then you wrote the post "- AZB sets "NEW RECORD"! -" * and the whole thing made sense and you... like... slammed only ah... like one person ? ? ? What am I to make of this ? ? ?

. . . Confused en California

* > Open > "The lesbian thread was closed"

Last edited: