Greetings from the UK

nipo

Apr 18, 2012
Hi,

You are absolutely right I have not a considerable amount of time in either country. Though I did own property in Spain for around 12 years, my time there was always restricted to just a few weeks or months at a time. I am very aware of the "alternative communities that live in Extramadura and Anadalucia as well was in central Portugal. These areas are very beautiful particularly around Sevilla and Badajoz, but they can sometimes be rather remote and difficult to get to for our guests / clients. Another area I like a great deal is the Costa de La Luz and it is in this area that I am concentrating my efforts at this time, despite the economic woes in Europe.

The reason I considered the DR, is two fold: One, I love the Caribbean having spent time on many different islands, but more importantly a person that I greatly respect is creating an holistic community in the DR and I liked his concept and location... there are however a couple of quite important things that made me a little nervous, which is why I started looking at alternatives.

I genuinely appreciate your comments on the lack of tranquility and harmony in the DR, this is something that others have said and I do fully understand how a community that is struggling to survive let alone thrive can ever be in harmony.

If we chose Spain or Portugal for the business / home will we invest in the DR as well... highly unlikely. If we were to own another property it would most likely be Germany.

Regards

Graham

nipo

Apr 18, 2012
La Rubia,

I agree with you that gated communities are far from being the best way to integrate into the community and therefore not something we would consider. If its not safe enough to live outside a gated community then in my mind its not a safe place to live... in any country.

You ask why Taoism is controversial... the answer is relatively simple... we harness and use the sexual energy of our clients and that in itself is enough to make some authorities nervous. If that was not enough, sometimes the energy release can be exceptionally vocal and despite our rural location we have had the police round to see what was going on. For years we had notes on the police computer / CRB about "sexual" activities within the property. I know and accept that for many the idea behind Taoism is bizarre... but I feel the same way about other beliefs and practices. We harm no one, those who we help appreciate the experience and the perspective Taoism provides.

Graham
Nipo

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
La Rubia,
You ask why Taoism is controversial... the answer is relatively simple... we harness and use the sexual energy of our clients and that in itself is enough to make some authorities nervous.
Graham
Nipo

I thought Taoism was a state of spirituality, mind. You learn something every day. I'd say you might well get a little unwanted attention if the neighbours can hear you and your guests having raging vocal orgasms on a regular basis, not to mention the local die hard Bible bashers that are in every community in the DR. But I wish you luck, just don't move next to us, we have a 3 year old:bunny:;)