Gringo beggar outside Tropical, Puerto Plata

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I don't support junkies. (and yes, I know the Osama double, and he isn't a bad kid when he has been straight for more than a day or two, which has now been about 5 or 6 years ago)

He's amazingly bright. I've conversed with him when he's straight. He has every excuse in the book for not looking for a real job.

No I haven't yet met this guy, but I am willing to believe Lambada and Rocky's opinion that the German/Austrian/scammer doesn't look like a druggie, he is just doing this for a living. Would you prefer that he becomes a sanky instead? (well, maybe that would make him more acceptable here) Does this make him a scammer?? What beggar does NOT have a good story?

Sankies are parasites as well. Most beggars have great stories. Sometimes the stories are even true. From Lambada's, Rocky's and Phil&Gerry's descriptions there is something extremely shady about this guy. I don't know that for sure without seeing him but I'm not about to travel north from Santo Hoyo de Metro to form a first hand opinion about this guy. I respect these three posters enough to form an opinion from what they say.

I agree with their opinion that he is a scammer. Scammers are scum.

I could be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe he has prior bad experience with his Embassy. Maybe his embassy is also useless when one of their citizens has a need for assistance (as several here have stated about both the British and US embassies in this country). Maybe he is wanted in his country. Maybe he just prefers coming up with a good story to try and get some $$.

Beats selling dope, doesn't it?

Maybe his embassy IS useless.
Maybe he's someone who IS wanted at home. Rocky has some great stories about Interpol working with the National Police hauling European criminals out of discos in Sosua some years ago.
If he prefers telling lies to survive he's a parasite.
Yes it beats selling dope but not by much.

Foreigners truly down on their luck can find other foreigners who will go through walls to help them out if they are honest with them.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Great Upheaval

With all the large scale scamming which is going on in this country I fail to see the importance of this thread and the guy involved.
Let him lead his painful life and move on with yours. :tired:

No harm done, or has he?

Janin

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
With all the large scale scamming which is going on in this country I fail to see the importance of this thread and the guy involved.
Let him lead his painful life and move on with yours. :tired:

No harm done, or has he?

Janin
Let's leave all the criminals alone and let them lead their painful lives and move on with ours.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
The Beggar

They are, when they commit a fraud, and this guy is fraudulent.

A Fox may steal your Hens, Sir,
A Whore your Health and Pence, Sir,
Your Daughter rob your Chest, Sir,
Your Wife may steal your Rest, Sir.
A Thief your Goods and Plate.
But this is all but picking,
With Rest, Pence, Chest and Chicken;
It ever was decreed, Sir,
If Lawyer's Hand is fee'd, Sir,
He steals your whole Estate.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No harm done, or has he? Janin

I don't know. But unlike guys who just put a hand out this one gets right in your face. He also argues with you. The way he stared fixedly after me as I was driving away could have been meant as intimidation. I don't get easily intimidated but others might. Let's just say we are co-operating through public information in a preventative effort to try to ensure that no harm is done.