• Psychexam.jpeg
    Psychexam.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: windeguy

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I was also told that the shooting range approval was not a requirement in the new regulations. Then why are they a requirement in the new regulations?
This is exactly why I started this thread. Because information on the MIP website sometimes has nothing to do with the real life procedures. And if you call them or visit them, they can tell you one thing, then somebody call them 10 minutes later and they tell him totally different thing. So the only way to understand how the new renewal process goes is to find somebody who already went thru it.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I was told during a call to the MIP the day of my previous "vacation" starting on DR1 that the only place to get the psych exam was in Santo Domingo. I specifically asked about Santiago and Puerto Plata and I was told there was no one there to do it. ONLY in Santo Domingo. So I am interested on more information on who can do them in Santiago.

I was also told that the shooting range approval was not a requirement in the new regulations. Then why are they a requirement in the new regulations?
This is after all, the DR... Why would the information be correct?
Very much a large part of my/the point. Who is approved and where? How much? Can you get an appointment or even contact "them"? No guidance other then spending a week in S.D., running around and lots of money. No way to know if all that will fulfill the new requirements.
I'll keep my gun and wait.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I'll keep my gun and wait.
So what's your point exactly? If you wait past your renewal date, you end up with the expired license. So when/if you renew it after that, you will have one 'falta' in your license, once you get three 'faltas', the license is cancelled. On top of that, once it's expired, you can't carry the gun legally. So why wait? To see if they back up and relax the requirements and give another 'gracia' as they always do? I think they will do that at some point, but not renewing on time can be the reason for declining the pre–approval for the renewal.

Reactions: windeguy

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
2.5 world country growing up...make things difficult to stop a behaviour..gun ownership ! and for those that think shotgun ownership is easier my friend is still waiting for his bought and overpaid shotgun over 1 yr..

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Guys, I started this thread in Legal section of this forum to get answers from legal guns owners about their experience on a renewal process under new rules. Could you please post your tiger woods crap and discuss everything else, including your urinary incontinence, in other threads and keep this one clean?

Reactions: windeguy and johne

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
First of all, this dumb plan will not start tomorrow. It has been postponed until June 5th. I will not be surprised if it will be postponed again and again and finally never happens. The only thing they are able to do is to hassle legal gun owners with new ridiculous renewal procedures, because they don't have balls to go into barrios and confiscate all illegal guns, and they need to report some 'disarming' activity.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What was your read from the TV?
Is is an attempt to disarm the population.

The new rules to renew pistols annually including a psych test, drug test, shooting range evaluation, and ballistics check already in place recently certainly indicate a direction already taken by the government by making annual renewals very difficult to impossible for some.

Reactions: DR Solar

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
First of all, this dumb plan will not start tomorrow. It has been postponed until June 5th. I will not be surprised if it will be postponed again and again and finally never happens. The only thing they are able to do is to hassle legal gun owners with new ridiculous renewal procedures, because they don't have balls to go into barrios and confiscate all illegal guns, and they need to report some 'disarming' activity.
Paid my fees in Nov. Could not enter a pee lab with less then full of 20 shoulder to shoulder with no masks. So kept putting off and withbl virus concerns concerning travel, hotels, food just didn't do it. Then new rules/requirements that have NO way to be followed unless you are the 50k out of ?? That are legal.... that are privileged.
Back to original question: anyone gone through the new process?

Reactions: Eugene_A

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Is is an attempt to disarm the population.

The new rules to renew pistols annually including a psych test, drug test, shooting range evaluation, and ballistics check already in place recently certainly indicate a direction already taken by the government by making annual renewals very difficult to impossible for some.
During Danilo's Government the renewal process was very clear, very organized and worked like a clock. Maybe they had that mafia inside their department that issued licenses to the wrong people, I don't care, it's their internal processes, not my problem. My problem is that now the process of the renewal is not clear, nobody can tell you what exactly you should do to renew the license, and it's a total mess. Look at this video:
This is what happens there now.

Somebody from PLD said recently that PRM ruin everything they touch, and I believe that it's true.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Read this https://listindiario.com/la-republi...cia-tenemos-que-limitar-el-acceso-a-las-armas

Now during the renewal you have to prove that you are really in that extraordinary situation that you need to carry a firearm, or your license may be revoked. Well, maybe that 'Chu' minister has to try to walk the city without a bunch of his armed guards and unarmed himself, just to look around and see why one might want to have a legal gun here.

Reactions: DR Solar

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

Several years ago an attempt to rob us was organized by a high ranking police person that had been removed from office. He had questioned one of our employees and a shotgun was the answer that night as his "crew" tried to come over our wall. He fled with emergency lights flashing as we watched his "crew" running away on their own.
Sorry. Ya just can't make this stuff up.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Several years ago an attempt to rob us was organized by a high ranking police person that had been removed from office. He had questioned one of our employees and a shotgun was the answer that night as his "crew" tried to come over our wall. He fled with emergency lights flashing as we watched his "crew" running away on their own.
Will you put this in your Declaracion Jurada as a reason why you need a gun? :)

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

That was the 3rd attempt to enter our property and have had our dogs poisoned during one try. Firing a couple of shots toward the ocean was enough to stop them but couldn't save one dog.
I can't remember how many times I've pulled up my shirt to show my sidearm to someone stalking me/us. Works great. Pulled it out once, pointed up when being rushed by someone with a machete. He rushed the other direction real fast.