Guzman Ariza

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ljmesg

The two most prestigious legal directories in the world are Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners; both are based in London. Guzmán Ariza is a Top Tier firm in Legal 500 and a Top Ranked firm in Chambers. Also, personally, I have been ranked as the top lawyer in the Dominican Republic (the only “Senior Statesman”) in Real Estate and Tourism. (Apologies to all for tooting my own horn).

Of course, this does not mean that sometimes, despite all our efforts and internal controls, things don’t turn out as planned. Even then, however, unlike many firms in the Dominican Republic (and abroad), at Guzmán Ariza we don’t shy away from listening to dissatisfied clients, learning from them, and, whenever possible, trying to make amends.
When someone says they are a top ranked attorney they are usually an inadequate attorney.

An adequate competent attorney would never protest I AM A TOP RANKED ATTORNEY.

Comical.

That's my read.

E

ExDR

I understand you may have had good service from this firm. As long as you're giving background, I am a high level finance professional who sat 2 tiers down from the CFO of the largest bank in the world (no embellishment). I have dealt with the highest level of professionals at many multi national banks, government agencies, and others about issues that are at the highest level of corporate activity... I retired at 44. All of the irrelevancy aside...

One, just one, example would be that a lawyer at the firm told me, with thorough questioning, what my visitation schedule may look like given my precise situation. He said it's based on time spent in country and gave me two examples. 1) If I lived in another country, which I don't, and came here twice a year for a week at a time, the judge would give me those two weeks with my daughter unsupervised (I took copious notes and asked several follow ups to every issue discussed). He went on to say that if I lived here full time, ie 12 months a year, again, given my precise situation (I am not a resident here), that the judge would most likely grant 2 days a month and about 2 weeks in the summer (again unsupervised)

Now he says I would never be given unsupervised visits (my situation has not changed in any way) and they would be limited.

That is but one example of something that changes the dynamic of living here for my daughter 100%.

With that said, I am not saying this firm is derelict in duty, or has some systemic problem, or is ripping people off. I am simply relating my experience.

The point on cost is precisely due to understanding the law and what I can expect for payment rendered. If conflicting information is offered, then the price is extremely suspect.

Chas,

It looks like you are a man of financial means. I can't understand why you are having these issues. Unless she is very well connected, you should be able to buy your way to any terms that you want as far as spending time with your daughter. $5,000 to the judge will get you anything you want. Otherwise, no child support unless I get liberal visitation rights. As can be judged from some of my previous post, I believe in survival of the fittest. I would have someone pay her a visit and make it clear that your daughters mom would be wised to let you see your daughter. If you have the money, anything can be accomplished in the DR. Unless you are not telling the whole story and you may have been abusing your child.

E

El Rey de Mangu

ExDR that is the worst advice I ever heard, and shows you know very little about the legal landscape here, especially in relation to child services.

There is a process that involves the courts of NNA (Ninos, Ninas y Adolescentes) , in which our unhappy forum member may petition a hearing (apoderar los tribunales de NNA).

It is very, very, highly unlikely that a magistrate or judge of the child courts would take a bribe, as child rights are a huge thing in this country and your suggestion is offensive. Maybe that is why your handle is "ExDR"

E

ExDR

Chas

My brother in law is a lawyer that primarily deals with foreigners. IM me and I can give you his contact info. He is in SD and knows all the players to get what you want done, at a price of course.

A

AlterEgo

I believe everyone has had their say on this matter. If you have further advice for the OP, send him a message

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.