Haiti has no chance of improvement

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
In recent memory, we have seen disasters occur in the following locations.....
China; New Zealand; Japan; India; Indonesia
They have all been able to recover, rebuild, and move forward.
I may be incorrect, but I believe the only other nation not to show signs of progress following a disaster was Nepal.
Why can't Haiti?
Agreed that Haiti's problems preceded the 2010 earthquake, but why can they not follow the model that other ravaged nations utilized, and rise up?

Those are big countries with far more resources than Haiti has. Haiti was a total disaster before the disaster.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
In recent memory, we have seen disasters occur in the following locations.....
China; New Zealand; Japan; India; Indonesia
They have all been able to recover, rebuild, and move forward.
I may be incorrect, but I believe the only other nation not to show signs of progress following a disaster was Nepal.
Why can't Haiti?
Agreed that Haiti's problems preceded the 2010 earthquake, but why can they not follow the model that other ravaged nations utilized, and rise up?

If all the billions $$$ that were donated would have been used to rebuild Haiti, I'm pretty sure that country would prosper but unfortunately it seems that Haiti is not allowed to do so. :ermm:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Those are big countries with far more resources than Haiti has. Haiti was a total disaster before the disaster.

Agreed 100%. So with that philosophy in mind, should rebuilding Haiti not be an easier task? I believe many look at the Haiti situation as the whole country needing to be rebuilt....now. This is impossible. Start off small, and then expand outwards. One community. Followed by another. Followed by another. Dare say a city then rises, and opportunities present themselves? It is obvious nothing has succeeded so far, so a different concept needs to be developed. There are often crude jokes passed in regards to Dominican officials meeting with their counterparts of foreign nations, in an attempt to foster relations revolving around the business and tourism sectors. Can the Haitian government state the same? And if not for tourism purposes, how about other business prospects that may exist in the world?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Haiti's #1 problem from the earthquake is so many buildings constructed without rebar. Those with rebar didn't come tumbling dow, but the others?

So in some regards the Haitians caused much of their own earthquake disaster. That does not minimize the tragedy but does offer suggestions for future mitigation.

When we were in Haiti we saw remnants of collapsed buildings, piles of rubble and chunks of thick concrete...but no rebar sticking out.

Let us begin here. It is now eight years later, and there are still mountains of rubble to be dealt with. Why? The Haitian government needs to be held accountable on the global stage for this type of inactivity.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Agreed 100%. So with that philosophy in mind, should rebuilding Haiti not be an easier task? I believe many look at the Haiti situation as the whole country needing to be rebuilt....now. This is impossible. Start off small, and then expand outwards. One community. Followed by another. Followed by another. Dare say a city then rises, and opportunities present themselves? It is obvious nothing has succeeded so far, so a different concept needs to be developed. There are often crude jokes passed in regards to Dominican officials meeting with their counterparts of foreign nations, in an attempt to foster relations revolving around the business and tourism sectors. Can the Haitian government state the same? And if not for tourism purposes, how about other business prospects that may exist in the world?

I think one of the main problems is the level of corruption in Haiti. Much of the money and aid sent to Haiti never went to where it was intended and Haiti needs substantially more money and aid than it is getting, but who's going to send more under these circumstances?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
[video=youtube;MGDQlXm4PDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDQlXm4PDo[/video]

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
[video=youtube;NdWx0K8jIOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdWx0K8jIOs[/video]

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
[video=youtube;otwzvzzdZKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwzvzzdZKU[/video]

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
If all the billions $$$ that were donated would have been used to rebuild Haiti, I'm pretty sure that country would prosper but unfortunately it seems that Haiti is not allowed to do so. :ermm:

...I am shocked...are you implying that money was stolen.......somebody should call the U.N., ohhh wait they stole the phones in Haiti also.......

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
...I am shocked...are you implying that money was stolen.......somebody should call the U.N., ohhh wait they stole the phones in Haiti also.......

You do not want the UN involved in the process, whatever that process may be.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
My 2 cents.....I have personally observed the haitian diaspora in many different locales.... DR, Turks and caicos, Little Haiti, Lauderhill, St Martin, and there is one glaring similarity; they bring their brand of misery with them wherever they go.
Until that mindset changes, it will be what it is, and will garner no sympathy from this corner.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
My 2 cents.....I have personally observed the haitian diaspora in many different locales.... DR, Turks and caicos, Little Haiti, Lauderhill, St Martin, and there is one glaring similarity; they bring their brand of misery with them wherever they go.

So true. These people fux everything they touch.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I couldn't watch the videos, but the comments on youtube are a wash, rinse and repeat of the same old song. no holds barred.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
More philosophy, and plenty bla bla bla bla. France or Canada should take over Haiti and made it a colony again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/aug/16/haiti-france

France seems to have their own problem

Hum sounds like what is happening along the border in the DR. But now that is a developed nation its international news.

http://www.france24.com/en/20180316-french-island-hospital-groans-under-african-baby-influx

Protests over illegal immigration gripping the French island of Mayotte off Africa's coast have an unexpected epicenter: a maternity ward packed to bursting point.
The main hospital in Mayotte, wedged between Madagascar and the southeast African mainland, is now home to the busiest maternity ward in France -- mostly serving migrant mothers.
So great is the influx of mothers from the neighboring Comoros islands -- which are much poorer and not part of France -- that the government is now considering the drastic step of declaring the hospital as non-French territory.
Hadidja, one of the few Comoran mothers willing to speak to journalists, admitted with some embarrassment that she is here because she wants her children "to be French".
Chief midwife Moendandze Zadibo said the hospital was so short on space that women are being transferred to other facilities just hours after giving birth if they are were doing well, to free up their beds for more arrivals.
And the thinly-stretched staff are having to deal with more complex births due to the poverty of the women arriving. "We have more emergency caesareans, more women who arrive without ever having seen a doctor during their pregnancy," she said.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are solutions....

US and Canada have immigrant programs to sponsor seasonal labor...
legal, temporary residency

So they could charter cruise shops to take the Haitians back and forth to Canada or the USA?
Mexican labor would be easier.