Haiti News and Politics

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don't know if I will EVER be able to get through watching those three men with their Blah Blah Blah
If we were in the same room I would be throwing things at them

BUT
There Will be No International Force
Sanctioned by the UN at least
Since China and Russia will block it

Dan Foote Makes My Blood Boil
The Sooner He Get Goes Back into Whatever Hole He Crawled Out of
The Better
So, is he wrong in his assessment?

Reactions: JD Jones

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am so very sad about this news - https://ayibopost.com/fraudes-electorales-abus-sexuel-scandales-a-leglise-episcopale-dhaiti/. The Episcopal Church in Haiti had a seminary for years in Haiti - already well established when I was there 40 years ago... Just as they have one in Sto Dom - the one called "the Cathedral" - the Union Church in Gazcue.. which serves as a sorta "main line Protestant English" church. They use the US Military "prayer" book - which is also the "Episcopalian" one - as is the US "National" Cathedral in DC. The Church in Haiti used to run under the NY Diocese as does the one in Sto. Dom....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
What's the relevance?
Relevance was only that a request for asylum is only valid from those escaping from imminent danger - Haitians moved from Chile and Brazil etc en masse when the Biden administration took office, thinking that they had a chance to be admitted... but they were safe where they were - many had working papers - etc. So they were NOT eligible for asylum interviews and were deported back to Haiti. Thus perhaps - hopefully - discouraging other Haitians from leaving safe havens that they had found in other countries from trying to enter the US.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
The UN has set up "sanction list " and a "committee" to decide who should be on it/ (I imagine this is going to take a long time -- the only name that is really agreed on is BBQ - and the reports from the ground is that there are NO credible reports of BBQ EVER having kidnapped or raped anyone - unlike leaders of many of the other gangs.
Lots of the smaller accounts that I follow are having a lot of fun with that saying things like "oh Good - now he will not be able to take vacations in the South of France"

This Haitian/Anerican is quoted often and seems to have a lot of credibility -

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I am so very sad about this news - https://ayibopost.com/fraudes-electorales-abus-sexuel-scandales-a-leglise-episcopale-dhaiti/. The Episcopal Church in Haiti had a seminary for years in Haiti - already well established when I was there 40 years ago... Just as they have one in Sto Dom - the one called "the Cathedral" - the Union Church in Gazcue.. which serves as a sorta "main line Protestant English" church. They use the US Military "prayer" book - which is also the "Episcopalian" one - as is the US "National" Cathedral in DC. The Church in Haiti used to run under the NY Diocese as does the one in Sto. Dom....
Annie, this link works better: https://ayibopost.com/fraudes-electorales-abus-sexuel-scandales-a-leglise-episcopale-dhaiti/

Reactions: mountainannie

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Relevance was only that a request for asylum is only valid from those escaping from imminent danger - Haitians moved from Chile and Brazil etc en masse when the Biden administration took office, thinking that they had a chance to be admitted... but they were safe where they were - many had working papers - etc. So they were NOT eligible for asylum interviews and were deported back to Haiti. Thus perhaps - hopefully - discouraging other Haitians from leaving safe havens that they had found in other countries from trying to enter the US.
That logic would apply to the majority of those seeking asylum. Mexico is considered a safe third country.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I could not watch it through... None of those panelists have any credibility to me... sorry.
He isn't a Trumpet; he was in the employment of the US government long before 45. He seems credible based on his experience in Haiti, and his over knowledge, whether you are in disagreement with him or not. Sounds like you have a personal bias that isn't based on his knowledge base.

Reactions: JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Jean-Charles Moise urges Haitians to arm themselves with machetes in preparation for a “revolution”​

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/world...ith-machetes-in-preparation-for-a-revolution/

Jean-Charles Moise, the head of the Haitian leftist party Petit Dessalines, urged his supporters to get ready and begin “buying machetes,” believing that “the time for revolution has come” in his nation. A directive to “identify the houses of each minister” and a commitment to appear there “in three days” are included with Moise’s appeal. “Your grace period is over; Haiti is a great people; we are not in your backyard,” the former senator told the West. His remarks follow the violent suppression of a protest by his party in front of the American embassy in Port-au-Prince, where he was injured by gas inhalation and needed assistance from his supporters and family. The radical foe of Prime Minister Ariel Henry and his Council of Ministers, Moise, has warned the leader of the government that if he does not resign, “he will never be able to sleep.” Moise is opposed to an invasion of his country by foreign forces.

To those who belonged to his party, he said, “I’m not asking you to carry weapons.” He said, “Buy machetes to lead the revolution.” Then, in a more menacing tone, Moise asked the populace to name “the houses of each minister.” Moise was the party’s presidential candidate in the 2015 elections, placing third with 14.3% of the vote. He threatened, “In three days we will go there to demonstrate; soon we will go to all the ministers.” The United States detained and deported Moise at the end of January of this year because he refused to provide information about a trip to Africa. Moise was also the mayor of Milot and served as the leader of his party’s presidential ticket in the 2017 general election.

He was also questioned regarding a meeting with Nicolás Maduro, the leader of Venezuela. “If you see that they react that way, it means that they have been impacted,” he continued.

Some friends of mine in Haiti have mentioned this guy. Milot is the town next to the Citadelle. I was there many times before he was mayor. His wikipedia article lists Castro as one of his "philosophical and ideological influences." If that's what they want, fine. But it will only further isolate them from the rest of the world.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Time for another revolution. Just what everyone wants.

How long to wait for safety, peace, and stability? That's what Haiti needs.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
He isn't a Trumpet; he was in the employment of the US government long before 45. He seems credible based on his experience in Haiti, and his over knowledge, whether you are in disagreement with him or not. Sounds like you have a personal bias that isn't based on his knowledge base.
Yes - perhaps I misspoke - He is simply a loose cannon-
He was recalled by Trump
https://www.lusakatimes.com/2020/01...ng-of-us-ambassador-daniel-foote-from-zambia/
who then sent him to Haiti as "special envoy" as Congress had requested one be appointed
And one may remember that Trump once referred to Haiti as one of the s--t--le countries??

so.. then he quit
over Biden's policies?
and
has resigned
and now confined to speaking up for the "Haitian People"
on
"Al Jazeera"
which is not in most cable packages

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003

A great sadness is over the hearts of most Haitians
over the death of this great musician of this young muscian
who collapsed on stage in Paris
at age 41
a few days ago

the young Haitians over on Twitter
are very grateful that YouTube has removed all ads
from all of his videos

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes - perhaps I misspoke - He is simply a loose cannon-
He was recalled by Trump
https://www.lusakatimes.com/2020/01...ng-of-us-ambassador-daniel-foote-from-zambia/
who then sent him to Haiti as "special envoy" as Congress had requested one be appointed
And one may remember that Trump once referred to Haiti as one of the s--t--le countries??

so.. then he quit
over Biden's policies?
and
has resigned
and now confined to speaking up for the "Haitian People"
on
"Al Jazeera"
which is not in most cable packages
Slightly more credible than the Washington Post or NY times, LOL. Haiti is a sh-thole country under the definition the phrase was being used to describe.