haitians constitute nearly 87% of all foreigners in DR

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
from DR1 news

Illegal Haitian immigration on the increase

The Chief of Staff of the Dominican army, Major General Ruben Dario Paulino Sem, informed this week that Haitian illegal immigration is on the increase. For the year beginning 16 August 2012, the security forces detained 47,700 Haitians illegally entering the Dominican Republic. They were repatriated to Haiti, in coordination with the Department of Migration. The number is said to be twice that of the previous year (20,541). The number of illegal migrants who are detained is a small percentage of the total that cross the more than 300 km border with the Dominican Republic.

Major General Paulino Sem stated that during the repatriation, 214 people, Haitian and Dominican, had been arrested and put on trial, accused of organizing illegal trips of Haitian nationals. As part of these operations, 423 vehicles of various types were also seized.

The Chief of Staff stressed that the G-2 Intelligence and the Commanders of the 3rd, 4th and 5th infantry brigades deployed along the border and checkpoints have specific instructions to be active and vigilant.

Haiti - Social : 47,700 Haitians repatriated by Dominican Republic - HaitiLibre.com, Haiti News, The haitian people's voice

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I have read so many racist and discriminatory comments on the past blogs that my eyes are racing with tears for the poor Haitian people that have had to know nothing but tyranny, bigotry, disaster and pain for centuries. I am not blaming the DR for Haiti and the Haitian problems. But showing compassion and understanding is what separates us from animals and monsters.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson.

The Canadian Criminal Code section 159, still today, defines "sodomy" as a crime punishable by a mandatory 2 year imprisonment sentence. But no Judge in there right mind would sentence any one for such an act in Canada. The law exists but is not applicable.

The ruling made in the DR is clearly unfair and every one knows that it is politically motivated. This decision has brought shame to the Dominican and the Dominican people. I pray that God does not strike the DR with a natural catastrophe similar to the earthquake that hit Haiti in 2010. Only then can we better understand the suffering of our neighbors.

The decision makers will some day face their maker and will have to answer for there actions.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Ex-pats and Dominican businesses and individuals love that cheap labor. Stop hiring illegals at exploitative wages and the "invasion" will stop.

Haitian workers, in many cases, do the jobs that Dominicans don't want to do. Does that sound familiar to the Mexico, US situation? Domincans complain that Haitians are taking their jobs but I see a lot of them sitting around not interested in getting off their butts to do anything that would earn them a wage. They won't work for same amount Haitian workers will. You can call it exploitative but I think it is more about supply and demand and what the marketplace is willing to pay.

LTSteve