Half Frozen Kindle Screen - Any help out there??

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Yeah.... well..... ahem.....

I received a beautiful iPad Air on Christmas Eve. When the Kindle died, I downloaded a couple of books onto it. Yesterday, in the middle of a good book, I left it on the table to go do something. When I got back the screen was off. It died a fast death. Will not turn on, will not charge, D - E - A - D.

Does anyone know if there is an Apple store in SD that would honor the warranty on this?????? It was purchased in NJ.

I don't go back there for 4 months, I know when I do that Apple will replace it, but I need it now!!!

I feel like I've had the kiss of death put on me! Now, if something happens to the MacBook Pro I'll have to go drown myself at the corner.

Your iPad may just need a hard reset. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. Works on all iOS devices.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Does anyone know if there is an Apple store in SD that would honor the warranty on this?????? It was purchased in NJ.

Call Apple Support and ask the SD location. A friend of mine says he was referred once a to place in SD which would be able to repair his mac book on warranty.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Your iPad may just need a hard reset. Hold down the power button and the home button at the same time. Works on all iOS devices.

I tried that yesterday, and it did nothing - after reading your post, I tried it again, and VOILA!! Up and running.

Thank you!!!

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I guess there is something to be said for good old paper books :knockedou

I guess you miss your rotary phone and snail mail?

Paper books are great... until it comes time for a hurricane. I lost a few when Sandy came through: they never got wet, but the humidity and subsequent mold killed them off.

If only there were snail mail in this country. With what Edesur and Claro and INAPA (water company) spend on sending people door-to-door delivering half the bills (no one can tell me what happens to the bills the other half of the time), they could afford to keep the mail running. But then, everyone would have to have actual addresses, instead of "go past the third colmado, then turn right at the banca, then ask the motoconchos where Gregorio lives".

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
"go past the third colmado, then turn right at the banca, then ask the motoconchos where Gregorio lives".
This is what addresses (used to?) look like in Central America, at least in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. They would state a landmark (a large tree that may or may not still be there, "donde viv?an las hermanitas", and then the distance and direction ("30 varas (~yards) arriba", "abajo", "al lago"...). Baffling for foreigners but it worked for them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This is what addresses (used to?) look like in Central America, at least in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. They would state a landmark (a large tree that may or may not still be there, "donde viv?an las hermanitas", and then the distance and direction ("30 varas (~yards) arriba", "abajo", "al lago"...). Baffling for foreigners but it worked for them.

The only way we found out that we had an actual address was on our Edesur bill. In past years, we've always shipped our boxes to the inlaws in SD, but this year we decided to take a chance and have them delivered to the campo, we painted a number on our wall. The truck finally found us, and the delivery guys wanted to know if we were related to the people in SD where they usually delivered [for 20 years, lol].