harassment at the beach

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If it isn't to far away for her, the beach in front of the Waterfront resaurant in Sosua is as private as can be with no need to get a hotel pass.

Just returned from that beach and nobody bothers anybody there. A lot of privacy and close to many decent hotels and restraunts. The women are not harrassed at al. Metro is a 5 minute walk away.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes, even dress code conscious women will have a tale of a Gringo having walked up to them and asked "how much" to tell... but this is not what they experience all day.

i have a friend who is a beautiful young dominicana with a figure to die for. we were meeting her (several people) in playa dorada and she called me from the gate that she was not let is because the guards told her she is a puta and cannot enter.
miesposo went to pick her up - he is dominican but gringo looking and he drives a big jeepeta. he drove outside the gate, let her come in and drove right in without any problems (i presume the guards were then sure she was a prostitute after all ). she was dressed in long pants, top and a short sleeve jacket. perfectly normal clothes, nothing provocative.
she tells me she gets harassed all the time, by dominicans and gringos alike.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
.... playa dorada and she called me from the gate that she was not let is because the guards told her she is a puta and cannot enter.
miesposo went to pick her up - he is dominican but gringo looking and he drives a big jeepeta. he drove outside the gate, let her come in and drove right in without any problems (i presume the guards were then sure she was a prostitute after all ). ...

It's a bit straying from the original subject when I add to this.
What the guards DO let in at Playa Dorada, ARE putas. But ONLY the ones they have a deal (kick back arrangement) with (they go shake their legs at the local discotecas and have unexacting tourists fall for them). :pirate:

A couple of months ago, we had reports here telling us about the Cabarete police arresting all sorts of Dominicanas on and around the beaches. Some "caught" where walking with their real husbands... on vaccation! :bored:

In other words, corruption, compulsive stupidity, interest, tigueraje and so forth DO play a role too, but should not be taken as the rule which ought to govern a lady's every day life.

... J-D.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
lol i was about to say....playa dorada is always full of putas so they clearly let a whole lot of them in. they are just very random and arbitrary about how and when they enforce their weird rules. it sucks but it is what it is.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This reminded me of 16 years ago when one of my colleagues working for Puerto Plata News wrote an article about prostitutes in Playa Dorada (& other parts of PP) and the reaction she got was amazing. Utter denial from the hotels association, angry letters to the Editor, cancelled subscriptions, outraged advertisers - the works. So the harassment then was to the woman who wrote a pretty mild but accurate article. Part of the 'blinkers on' culture of the DR........:cheeky:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Back to the OP

My daughter's nerves are completely fried from living in the capital, and she desperately needs to relax at the beach. Her fiance works all day, though, and she says she can't go to the beach by herself because she is treated like a prostitute. (She said that even when she has gone with just her girlfriends, she is still harassed.) Any suggestions? She really needs to find somewhere peaceful to relax. Thanks. (I am up here in the States; otherwise, of course, I would go with her.)

If she is living in the Capital... she should see if she can join a club at one of the hotels like the Melia, or Dominican Fiesta... where, for a month the price of a day pass,,, she can go and swim every day and NO ONE will bother her.

you, as her dad, may have to pay her entry fee

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
My daughter's nerves are completely fried from living in the capital, and she desperately needs to relax at the beach. Her fiance works all day, though, and she says she can't go to the beach by herself because she is treated like a prostitute. (She said that even when she has gone with just her girlfriends, she is still harassed.) Any suggestions? She really needs to find somewhere peaceful to relax. Thanks. (I am up here in the States; otherwise, of course, I would go with her.)

Sounds like maybe daughter just doesn't like DR.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
great Idea

If she is living in the Capital... she should see if she can join a club at one of the hotels like the Melia, or Dominican Fiesta... where, for a month the price of a day pass,,, she can go and swim every day and NO ONE will bother her.

you, as her dad, may have to pay her entry fee

this would be a great idea, most of the hotels have these day pass's when she is feeling stressed just go to the pool. no hassle