Has anyone purchased a cana rock property

Mimi13

Jul 17, 2021
Toronto
Hi everyone! I’m considering the purchase of a condo at cana rock and wanted to know if anyone else has? If so would you care to share your experience, are you able to rent it out frequently and would you say it was worth the investment ? Anything I might want to watch out for ? Kind regards to all and thank your help !

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I assume you know that this place has nothing to do with the Hard Rock. If you are buying to rent it forget it. You will be in competition with many other projects there. And there really is nothing to do there of note. Pass. They have been pushing this place for years.

Hi everyone! I’m considering the purchase of a condo at cana rock and wanted to know if anyone else has? If so would you care to share your experience, are you able to rent it out frequently and would you say it was worth the investment ? Anything I might want to watch out for ? Kind regards to all and thank your help !
Always rent& LIVE in the location/ the close area for around 4 to 6 months before buying anything in the RD.
Many many gringos has purchased property based on shiny pics and sneaky sellers only.

A short rental period that may seems silly at first, may very well save you from a lifetime in frustrating agony.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
There are tons of seaweeds on every beach in Punta Cana area now. This year they smell worse than ever before, the whole area near the sea smells like rotten eggs. There is a chance that this will get worse every year. I would not invest any money in any project near the ocean in DR.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Mimi , I am sorry but all the above postings are completely incorrect. The Cana Rock projects are most definitely inside the Hard Rock Hotel and Golf Resort and are no where near Punta Cana nor are they on the beach nor can you smell nor see and sea weed.In fact there is precious little seaweed anywhere near Bavaro . There are no similar projects nearby .
After you enter the Hard Rock property from the Bavaro to Miches Road you will see one of the four or five Cana Rock buildings immediately on your left .This is the largest and only totally completed building .It is like a giant hospital,painted dazzling white with views over the first hole and the second tee. There are still many For Sale signs around the building . There are a further four Cana Rock buildings overlooking various holes on the first nine of the Hard Rock golf course and in various stages of development .I do not know whether condo owners receive any discounts at the hotel or on the golf course but you only need a golf cart to go there.
Personally I would not buy there to live there nor to rent out . The position is not convenient for anything much being a distance from shops, cinemas and domestic staff . As golf condos,they fall well short of those found further south towards Punta Cana such as Cocotel, Cap Cana or the Punta Cana Resort.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, it is inside the area where the Hard Rock is but it has NOTHING to do with the Hard Rock. You cannot even enter the hotel if you own one unless you pay like everyone else. PASS for sure....................

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Yes, it is inside the area where the Hard Rock is but it has NOTHING to do with the Hard Rock. You cannot even enter the hotel if you own one unless you pay like everyone else. PASS for sure....................
I agree with the part that it has nothing to with Hard rock, but you can access the golf course and cana rock has its own beach club and other amenities. Good luck,

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree with the part that it has nothing to with Hard rock, but you can access the golf course and cana rock has its own beach club and other amenities. Good luck,
You can access the golf course if you pay the fee which is currently $150 per rd. Don't think you can just take a golf cart on and play. And check the price of the "other" amenities before you purchase..............

KITTU

May 13, 2015
You can access the golf course if you pay the fee which is currently $150 per rd. Don't think you can just take a golf cart on and play. And check the price of the "other" amenities before you purchase..............
i own a property in cocotal... still i pay a minimum fee for playing golf so its normal to pay a minimum fee for using the amenities. But please first rent for a couple of months and then decide.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i own a property in cocotal... still i pay a minimum fee for playing golf so its normal to pay a minimum fee for using the amenities. But please first rent for a couple of months and then decide.
Cocotal is not the Hard Rock. Cocotal owns the golf course so they give a discount. Cana Rock does not have anything to do with the golf course in the Hard Rock and you will pay the same fee to play as anyone else regardless if you purchase a Condo at Cana Rock. This is fact, not opinion either.

To make it clearer on Cocotal. Cocotal is owned by Melia which also owns all the land in Cocotal including the golf course. So it is in their best interest to give a discount. From the Hard Rock you can't get the right time...............

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Personally I would pass on Cana Rock. As previously mentioned its a long way from anything and comes with no benefits of being inside the Hard Rock gate. It does have the major inconvenience of trying to access your property when Hard Rock has any type of concert or event.

If you want to be inside a golf course community look a Iberostar and Cocotal. I have been in all 3 several times and I prefer Iberostar. Whatever you decide go with the very first rule of buying in the DR. Make sure the building is 100% finished and the title is ready to transfer. I waited 10 years for my title and the day it was ready all the finished units in our complex came with a $9000 USD transfer fee to get the title and a assessment of $3500 USD to improve the property (which it needed).

I'm sure these 2 fees could have been fought in court but after 10 years most people just paid them to get title. Besides, its rare when a gringo VS a Dominican in court wins here.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Mimi , I am sorry but all the above postings are completely incorrect. The Cana Rock projects are most definitely inside the Hard Rock Hotel and Golf Resort and are no where near Punta Cana nor are they on the beach nor can you smell nor see and sea weed.In fact there is precious little seaweed anywhere near Bavaro . There are no similar projects nearby .
After you enter the Hard Rock property from the Bavaro to Miches Road you will see one of the four or five Cana Rock buildings immediately on your left .This is the largest and only totally completed building .It is like a giant hospital,painted dazzling white with views over the first hole and the second tee. There are still many For Sale signs around the building . There are a further four Cana Rock buildings overlooking various holes on the first nine of the Hard Rock golf course and in various stages of development .I do not know whether condo owners receive any discounts at the hotel or on the golf course but you only need a golf cart to go there.
Personally I would not buy there to live there nor to rent out . The position is not convenient for anything much being a distance from shops, cinemas and domestic staff . As golf condos,they fall well short of those found further south towards Punta Cana such as Cocotel, Cap Cana or the Punta Cana Resort.
It's becoming a constant theme that Kipling says that everyone else's opinion is completely wrong. In my opinion nobody is a complete expert on DR and it's interesting to read others opinions. And I for one am really tired of this I'm Right You're Wrong Shut Up type of post.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Personally I would pass on Cana Rock. As previously mentioned its a long way from anything and comes with no benefits of being inside the Hard Rock gate. It does have the major inconvenience of trying to access your property when Hard Rock has any type of concert or event.

If you want to be inside a golf course community look a Iberostar and Cocotal. I have been in all 3 several times and I prefer Iberostar. Whatever you decide go with the very first rule of buying in the DR. Make sure the building is 100% finished and the title is ready to transfer. I waited 10 years for my title and the day it was ready all the finished units in our complex came with a $9000 USD transfer fee to get the title and a assessment of $3500 USD to improve the property (which it needed).

I'm sure these 2 fees could have been fought in court but after 10 years most people just paid them to get title. Besides, its rare when a gringo VS a Dominican in court wins here.

Was the US$ 9000 not the real estate transfer tax that you pay when you buy somewhere? Whenever you buy you have to pay a tax of 3% of the price and this is normally paid when the title is transferred. But it goes directly to the government, not to the seller and you pay it regardless of who you buy from.