Have anyone taken a mortgage loan in at DR Bank?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think it's not dominican/foreign issue but rather question of time. few years ago the rates were higher and now they are lower. still not as low as europe or USA but not as bad as 10 years ago.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
@mountainannie - yes i have a cedula, and, probably just as important, a job with a regular income. The last apartment i bougbt was with a down payment of 26%. I wanted to put more, but they argued that i had to borrow the same amount that the italian i bought it from still owed to the same bank. I guess they thought he may have done a runner if i had given him the cash direct. I reduced the loan before the first payment anyway.

@wishing - yes, OPM, for the most part. Maybe a bit more difficult to do in other countries. Regarding rates, I know i get the same rates as everyone else (never thought i was getting a foreigner's rate).

There are mortgage calculators on the local dominican banking sites if you wish to use them.
Also remember, there are other additional expenses that should be factored in when considering a mortgage. Especially the transfer of title 3% tax and the IPI tax. Nobody said it was cheap here.

Sep 4, 2012
Interesting and thanks for the valuable insights. How many loans have you embarked with, how much real-estate have you acquired thus far using this method?