Have you seen or been offered this German Shepherd bitch?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I have been reading the thread, praying you find your Missy. They are part of the family and her being lost will be devastating, never mind the other issues in your life. I pray for her safe return and for the health of your husband. It was one year ago today that I had to put down my "boy", which motivated me to offer my best and to ever watchful in my journeys in case of catching a glimpse of your wonderful girl. Godspeed!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Your's Lasted Longer Than MinE!

I bought a purebread "Pastor Aleman" about 10 years ago. A four month old pup. He was stolen the first night I had him,most likely the breeder who sold him to me!
I now raise "Vira Latas"! Easy Come,Easy Go !
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It is now over 4 weeks since Missy mysteriously disappeared from our home. There have been no sightings of her within a very large area around us although everyone has searched and her photo is posted in many locations. We still live in hope that someone, somewhere will see and recognise her and return her to us. Should you be offered or know of a 3 year old German Shepherd bitch which, no doubt, will produce beautiful puppies if mated with the right dog, please let us know.

We miss her dreadfully and sure she will be missing us too....

2wfn4w5.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dang! That IS a beautiful dog...Someone took her, that is for sure...

We need some of those Malinois here so that when thieves try to take them, thinking they are GSs they get the surprise of their lives....

HB

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Dang! That IS a beautiful dog...Someone took her, that is for sure...

We need some of those Malinois here so that when thieves try to take them, thinking they are GSs they get the surprise of their lives....

HB

Appreciate your thinking HB but Missy went missing although the huge male Ridgeback, 2 Rottweilers, 3 black Labs and 4 Dominican dogs did not which leads me to believe that no-one strange actually entered our compound surrounding our house or they would have been 'eaten alive'.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Question the gardener!! Had to be someone that was well know to the dogs...
Better yet, have the Police do the questioning!!
I am sure she did not elope on her own...

HB

irrrrrnal

Aug 8, 2006
prayers are with you and Missy..

I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case....have you contacted the vets in your area to see if her"chip" info has been changed?? If someone you know took her I'm guessing they might know that she's chipped and try to get the info changed. How about contacting the company that she's chipped with....see if they can give you any info.
I have a Rotti and I know I'd be heart broken if someone tried to thief her.
I'll keep thinking of things for you to check and say a prayer to keep her safe and send her back to you!
Take care!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Question the gardener!! Had to be someone that was well know to the dogs...
Better yet, have the Police do the questioning!!
I am sure she did not elope on her own...

HB

The gardener has been questioned by Mr WB who used to be an interrogation officer in the Royal Marines - hard to believe he was involved but, despite a couple of years of good service with us and more with the previous owners of our house, he will probably be gone at the end of the month... the police out here in the countryside are not very enthusiastic about tracking down lost dogs to be honest. She had no reason to 'elope' as is not due in season until November at the earliest.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I'm sure you've already thought of this but just in case....have you contacted the vets in your area to see if her"chip" info has been changed?? If someone you know took her I'm guessing they might know that she's chipped and try to get the info changed. How about contacting the company that she's chipped with....see if they can give you any info.
I have a Rotti and I know I'd be heart broken if someone tried to thief her.
I'll keep thinking of things for you to check and say a prayer to keep her safe and send her back to you!
Take care!

All vets in the surrounding area are aware of her disappearance - her chip is from the UK. I promise you we have researched everything we can think of to find Missy - we have even searched for a freshly dug grave (just in case) but over 4 weeks is a long time. I just hope she is being well cared for somewhere.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Have you considered to contact an animal communicator like posted in my post #10 ?? Or don't you believe in it resp. don't want to pay for it?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Have you considered to contact an animal communicator like posted in my post #10 ?? Or don't you believe in it resp. don't want to pay for it?

I read the links you posted with interest and it was quite obvious to me that the success in finding lost pets was achieved when a pet had wandered or run off which we do not believe were the circumstances in the disappearance of Missy. It seems unlikely to us that an animal communicator based in the US is going to be more successful in locating her than the hundreds of people we have spoken to locally watching out and looking in every nook and crevice for her.

I thank you very much for your interest and suggestions and, just for the record, can assure you that not being prepared to pay a price to find her would not even enter our heads (no apologies for the double negative!)

Last edited:

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
your gut instinct will tell you who took her. eventually that person will not look you in the eye, or they will move out of your social circle to prevent detection. who around you is acting diffrent/strange.. as a neighbour moved recently. .i feel for you and hope you find her..

sailin

May 1, 2008
keep track of the days

I was broken hearted to hear of your dog missing. Since she is still able to have pups I would keep track of her last heat and make note of the next time she would be able to have pups and then look for puppy advertising in the future. There are several posts from people on this site that breed shepards. I found them by doing a search of "German Shepard" Maybe you could call them to see if they had been contacted by someone looking for a dog or puppy. I would also send a fax to every veterinarian I could find that had a fax machine and ask them to post the notice. I would also put an ad in the Adscene with a generous reward$$$. Ask if they will put it on the front page!! Hang in there...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
To Mancunian: We have an idea who was involved but have no proof but will be dealing with it.

To Sailin: We know exactly when she was in season and when that is due again. We are absolutely certain that anyone who posts on DR1.com would let us know if they recognised or saw Missy. All vets in our area and beyond have her details and Chip number, what more can we do? She has appeared on TV locally and there is a reward for her safe return.

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
photo's are fine ... will it be seen by the right people i aint sure. but it is a good outlet.. when putting info with your post put as many word's as you can related to your target area. ie puerto plata, sosua neighbourhoods if you get my drift...torre alta ....if you have footage of tv use that ..also post in spanish.. it may be worth trying google video aswell. its got to be worth a try...

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
thinking on again take plenty of photocopys to playa dorada. and ask if you can put them on the staff bus entrance,aproach the hotel's in playa dorada.see if you can put in staff area's. go to the motor cycle area second entrance to playa dorada. and put up posters..