Headed down to the D.R. mission trip

neural

Dec 12, 2012
I happen to know these people so I will put this in a thread of its own. No hijack intended Lumus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I asked if the organization you posted the link with was a certified US non profit because I didn't see that information on their website ..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Cruce de Ocoa is a very well known place. It is famous for the sweets and other treats sold there. That area is one of the most depressed areas of the DR. It does have the advantage of being relatively close to Santo Domingo...

HB

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
no still under construction the first dorm you see on the website is half finished! the top half
is still needing to b finished ! no debt is owed out from the purchase of the land to the
construction of the first building! they have been very wise w/ the money that has been
donated! Projects get started and finished as money is donated! kinda a good way of
doing things as to not get in over their heads...

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
no still under construction the first dorm you see on the website is half finished! the top half
is still needing to b finished ! no debt is owed out from the purchase of the land to the
construction of the first building! they have been very wise w/ the money that has been
donated! Projects get started and finished as money is donated! kinda a good way of
doing things as to not get in over their heads...

david_

Dec 8, 2012
We will b in country the first of February on my second Missionary Trip to the D.R. will
Working @ a up and coming Orphanage called Restoration Ranch! Days will b spent on the
Orphanage and the evenings in Villages passing out food and doing what we can! Cant wait

Great work, God bless. The farm looks beautiful.

L.Lumus

Aug 22, 2012
Been a while that I have been on DR1 ! The trip to the DR as was last yes was amazing
I mean amazing! We passed out like 600 Bennie Babies to the lil ones 500 tooth brushes w/
Paste tons of toiletries 300lbs of rice 400lbs of beans ....my two sons ages 13&10 lives were
Absolutely changed .......bout to start tear in up as I type ......thank you Lord for allowing me
The pleasure of searching these fine people .....we went there to be a blessing to the people
In the D.R. and we ended up being the ones being blessed.....
If I can figure out how to post pic's I will be sure to.....
God Bless

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
How awesome!!! God Bless you L.Lumus. I came to this country 21 years ago also as a missionary. My heart was left behind.. I'm living here now and LOVE it. Back when I was a missionary I came as a teenager, and each year our missions trips were 3 weeks over the summer, and 2 weeks in December/January. We spent a few years without our families on Christmas, and we were Blessed incredibly, but you know that feeling!! We built churches (Several) in different towns throughout Barahona. (Cachon, Polo, Las Tejas, etc) (Hence why I always gravitate back to Barahona) We built a medical center, orphanage, and a home for missionaries to live in. We were blessed teens.. I'd love to be apart of the restoration Ranch...Keep up the missions.. God Bless you and your family!

Last edited: