Heading to the North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacksam

Feb 25, 2008
Hay all,

I am heading to the North coast with friends at the end of MARCH. We are staying in CABARERA!?!?! Anybody now the place. Anybody going to be there at the sametime????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Never heard of that place!! Could be Cabarete> or Cabrera....
If you are into wind surfing it must be Cabarete...super cool place where there is a World Championship going on next week....

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
...and if you're going to CABRERA, I hope you like beautiful but "quiet" places...not a lot going on there... but great beaches and mountain views with a nice town center, but not known for bars and partying of any kind...

zacksam

Feb 25, 2008
I checked with my friends... We are heading to Cabrera.....They say Golf and beach...so any fun going on in that part of the country

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Yes,
Great surf and turf at Playa Grande, one of the best golf courses, and one of the best
beaches.

Have Fun.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I checked with my friends... We are heading to Cabrera.....They say Golf and beach...so any fun going on in that part of the country

I think you covered it, nice beach & great golf course. If there's a major party destination out that way, I'm not aware of it :ermm:

Cabarete's a possible evening destination for dinner and bars - about an hour(?) west. Perhaps if you find a taxi driver you trust, you'd want to hire him for the night to bring you over. Cabarete's open 'til 3 a.m. nightly. Note, you'd be travelling a mostly unlit rural road to get to/from Cabarete. Cows, vehicles without lights, and your driver are your biggest risks in doing so. It's not something I'd recommend doing on a regular basis.

Hopefully someone will advise you of closer options. There's Bahia Principe near Rio San Juan and perhaps other All-inclusive hotels nearby, but they're not my idea of fun destinations day or night.

Had you asked in advance, I'd have recommended staying in Cabarete and driving to Playa Grande to play golf as often as you like. Not a bad drive during the day.

Last edited:

kmorris

Feb 20, 2006
The town of Rio San Juan is nice, but quiet. Not much to do in the town except for the Gri Gri Lagoon tour, but do not expect an extravagant tour. Also, just east of Rio San Juan is Playa Caleton. An excellent beach to hang out at, not very big, but very nice. The locals have plastic patio tables and chairs they let you use as long as you purchase from them (Presidente, drinks, you can even order dinner while hanging out there and they bring it to you). If you enjoy the simple life, I highly recommend both of these. Every trip we always stop and stay a few nights in Rio San Juan. Its not a party town but they do have a few places you hang out and chill at night over a few Presidente's (or alot). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kelsey

zacksam

Feb 25, 2008
thank you everybody for your input and information... It has helped a ton... see you on the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.