Healthy Hair Tips

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How DARE YOU, publish a foto of my wife, WITHOUT her permission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At first look, I wasn't sure it was her,.............then, I saw her "Machete"! :eek::dead::dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if i had hair like this little buckwheat chap i'd shave it and wear a wig, i swear. cheaper and more effective. i presume that making (and keeping) this hair look nice is lots of work and lots of money. and i am not talking iron and some fake locks but beautiful mane solange knowles sports. although for all i know it may be a wig as well.

no wonder black men so often have super sexy bald heads.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
OK Honey.

Now that we've gotten past the buckwheat "giggles". I am African-American and I have very thin but coarse hair. You have to know about black hair because anywhere you go to will do whatever you ask because they want your money.
1.) Protein is good and BAD. People tell you to keep getting Proteib treatments when in actuality, for AAs too much protein is bad. It will make your hair even drier, brittle, and it will start falling out. Get a Deep Protein treatment ONLY ONCE PER MONTH. On your other trips to the salon, get a deep CONDITIONING treatment that is moisturizing but does NOT contain Protein. If you need to be sure, take your own products. A good MOUSTURIZING conditioner is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Mask (or something like that). The PROTEIN product that I used is Aphogee Protein Treatment. I only use this every 8 weeks! It is STRONG! Use it the week BEFORE your relaxer. With Protein, MORE IS NOT BETTER.

2.) Unless you are going natural, relax your hair every 6-8 weeks. If you don't, as your new growth comes in and you comb and brush your hair will fall out just because of the friction on the tight curl.

3.) Sleep with a silk scarf or a silk pillowcase. Our hair is very dry and cotton pillowcases just sucks out the little moisture that we have. Throw out your old bandana looking scarf! (we all had one!)

4.) DO NOT GREASE YOUR HEAD!! I know we grew up with our Momma's parting our hair and slathering on green, black, or blue looking petroleum jelly looking stuff. You clog up your pores with that stuff. If you feel like you must put something, occasionally I use PERFECTIV Mega Growth on my edges to keep the flyaways at bay.

5.) Keep buildup to a minimum. Do NOT key the salon spray, spritz, or slather a lot of crap on your head after doing it. Try to use a Shampoo/Conditioner that doesn't leave a lot of residue. I use LOREAL EverPure Sulfate Free shampoo and conditioner because it doesn't contain sulfate, surfactants, or any harsh salts normally found in shampoo.

6.) Do not let them blow your hair without doing rollers first. If you are in a hurry then tell them to put the biggest rollers possible. DO NOT BLOW IT WITHOUT ROLLERS.

Hope this helps. With the Protein and moisturizing conditioners you should have a clear shower cap and under the dryer at least 10 minutes (except for the Aphogee Protein Treatment where you wear NO cap)
Take your products with you if you are not sure about what the salon is using.
Go to the salon every week. Blowing your hair out every week is not a problem if you are doing a deep moisturizing treatment everytime you go. You have to invest time and money for healthy hair. My hair is not down my back but it is healthy and it looks good.
:)

SHALENA