Hello from San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosSantanas954

Aug 26, 2023
San Diego USA
New member here. A little bit about myself and the wife, we're both dominicans raised in NY. I was born in Santiago and my family is from Tamboril. My wife was born in NY and was raised between the states and DR, her family is from Santiago.
I am active duty military member stationed in California. I'll be retiring in the next 3-5 years and we're planning on moving back to DR banking on a nice profit from the sale of our current home in southern California.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome aboard

IMG_0150.jpeg

Reactions: Marines23

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
New member here. A little bit about myself and the wife, we're both dominicans raised in NY. I was born in Santiago and my family is from Tamboril. My wife was born in NY and was raised between the states and DR, her family is from Santiago.
I am active duty military member stationed in California. I'll be retiring in the next 3-5 years and we're planning on moving back to DR banking on a nice profit from the sale of our current home in southern California.
Navy or USMC? I'm USMC 1973-1977. Been to Miramar and North Island, but was stationed at El Toro.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Welcome!! Santiago/Tamboril is one of my favorite areas.

isaaky

Aug 26, 2023
Santiago
Hi I`m a software provider and one of my main products is a EHR for veterans clinics. There are 2 in Santiago, 2 in Pto Plata and 3 in Santo Domingo, All of them support FMP and TRICARE. Just in case this information works for you.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Hi I`m a software provider and one of my main products is a EHR for veterans clinics. There are 2 in Santiago, 2 in Pto Plata and 3 in Santo Domingo, All of them support FMP and TRICARE. Just in case this information works for you.
I've yet to see affiliation with the VA for these clinics. Are you sure they are legit?

isaaky

Aug 26, 2023
Santiago
I've yet to see affiliation with the VA for these clinics. Are you sure they are legit?
Yes, the reason they are legit is because they are a local health provider, registered in USA, that sends your claims. FMP pays them sending checks to their USA counterpart.
FMP s created for assist you as a foreign, meaning that if you attend any medical center, you fill your claims by yourself , send it to FMP and they pay you. This clinics save you time filling those claims from you, they attend you and receive the payment from FMP.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wishing you a Very Warm Welcome .. Love San Diego .. your City is a beautiful , with very warm People . As a Bonus the Weather is possibly the best all around weather in the Whole United States ..

Reactions: LosSantanas954
Jan 9, 2004
Yes, the reason they are legit is because they are a local health provider, registered in USA, that sends your claims. FMP pays them sending checks to their USA counterpart.
FMP s created for assist you as a foreign, meaning that if you attend any medical center, you fill your claims by yourself , send it to FMP and they pay you. This clinics save you time filling those claims from you, they attend you and receive the payment from FMP.
Just to be clear and so veterans don't start packing to move to the DR thinking they will get all their medical care here paid by the VA.......

The only free care you will receive by an FMP has to be related to a service connected disability.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

isaaky

Aug 26, 2023
Santiago
Just to be clear and so veterans don't start packing to move to the DR thinking they will get all their medical care here paid by the VA.......

The only free care you will receive by an FMP has to be related to a service connected disability.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Yes. FMA just cover service connected disability and based on the ratings system. But this clinics help you with some services even if they cannot get all covered. The reason is that as they get paid more than local insurance, they often assume co-pays or some medications.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
This is such an important post. I'm a vet with no service connected disability. I pay just like anyone else. Every vet needs to know that.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011

Although not the topic of this thread...this IMO is very important. Attached is website for the VA FMP. Best to go to the source for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.