Help - CPS

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I bought a vacuum cleaner on Amazon, value US$ 138. It's been stopped by Aduanas because they don't believe that I paid this amount for it. They have asked me to produce proof of payment, but they have asked for a letter addressed to them from a Dominican bank, stamped and signed, the usual nonsense. And I paid with an international credit card, American Express, and they are completely online. I have given CPS a copy of the screen grab from American Express showing the payment, I have given them the link to Amazon.com where they can see the item being sold, I have given them copies of the invoice. They have replied that since I have no proof of payment, the best thing is for me to pay the tax on the item. I'm not sure who this is best for, but definitely not for me.

Any ideas?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I bought a vacuum cleaner on Amazon, value US$ 138. It's been stopped by Aduanas because they don't believe that I paid this amount for it. They have asked me to produce proof of payment, but they have asked for a letter addressed to them from a Dominican bank, stamped and signed, the usual nonsense. And I paid with an international credit card, American Express, and they are completely online. I have given CPS a copy of the screen grab from American Express showing the payment, I have given them the link to Amazon.com where they can see the item being sold, I have given them copies of the invoice. They have replied that since I have no proof of payment, the best thing is for me to pay the tax on the item. I'm not sure who this is best for, but definitely not for me.

Any ideas?
I don't see any choice in the matter. You pay the tax they assess or lose the item. This is not unusual. I hope you are not surprised.

I would also add that i have not had this experience since switching to BPS in Cabarete. They apparently have better advocacy at aduanas, which is notoriously an embarrassingly corrupt organization that has not yet hit the current administration's radar.

Reactions: mountainannie

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there

Any ideas?
How much in extra tax are Aduanas demanding?

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
This may be the end for me with CPS if they can't get it sorted.

There it is . Had a similar issue with CPS two years ago with a $150 phone after 5 years of business with them . Figured if we did the ”extra tax” dance with them and we paid …they will do it again sooner or later.

Wrote the 150 off. Dropped CPS . Moved on and never looked back . New shipper excellent so far …so many shippers out there …so dealing with BS from one ? ….not worth it IMO.

Reactions: chico bill

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I don't know, so far all they have asked for is proof of payment, which I have provided as a screen grab and CPS has replied to me saying there is no proof.
send them your credit card bill you should be good... I had that happen to my golf club I order .. that was 179 they are just trying to shake the tree see what falls out.. funny thing the lady at bm cargo told me it happens all the time with golf clubs because they think if you play golf you have tons of money and wont fight it... they are also jealous.. dont give in fight them dont pay nothing

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
send them your credit card bill you should be good... I had that happen to my golf club I order .. that was 179 they are just trying to shake the tree see what falls out.. funny thing the lady at bm cargo told me it happens all the time with golf clubs because they think if you play golf you have tons of money and wont fight it... they are also jealous.. dont give in fight them dont pay nothing

Do you mean a screen grab? Or did you get a paper credit card bill from the bank?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Do you mean a screen grab? Or did you get a paper credit card bill from the bank?
I went to my credit card account and took a snap shot of the actual payment and sent it to them ...it worked you should be fine Don't let them bully you fight it because your in the right

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Never had that happen with EPS. On the rare occaision they need an invoice, I print the Amazon invoice and it sufficies. I have sent pixel phones and paid not takes.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
You can ask them to open the box and look inside, Amazon or seller sometimes drop an invoice and include it with the item, maybe there is one and they accept that....!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't know, so far all they have asked for is proof of payment, which I have provided as a screen grab and CPS has replied to me saying there is no proof.
Maria, Save the Amazon order page as a PDF and send that.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Maria, Save the Amazon order page as a PDF and send that.

I've done that. I've sent:

a) A copy of the Amazon Order
b) A screen grab of the transaction in my Amex account
c) The link so they can see the item on Amazon.com
d) The invoice from Amazon.com

Evidently this isn't enough...

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
If I were you I would need that info to decide where to just pay or to fight.

$20 would not be an issue, to me, except for the possible precedent as someone else mentioned, but if the taxes approached the cost I'd have to rethink. Of course, you had your reasons for where and how you made the purchase and I bet the quality of the goods vs what's available locally probably had a lot to do with it. Also cost.

My point is that you won't know until you have that key bit of information.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Never had that happen with EPS. On the rare occaision they need an invoice, I print the Amazon invoice and it sufficies. I have sent pixel phones and paid not takes.
This is exactly how it worked with BM Cargo and since I have switched to Domex they handle all issues with Aduana and send me the bill afterwards. I have never had a problem with items that are below the 200 USD threshold.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
It might help to send EPS a "pre-avisa." There is a form/place to do this on their web site. You send them the pre-avisa/notice that the package has been sent from Amazon or whereever to the Miami address. In the preavisa form, you include the tracking number, value, and factura. A factura is always available on Amazon from your account. And with other places, too. I send the pre-avisa for both EPS and Vimenpaq forwarding. They both have this option. Never a problem. So far.