HELP FOR A STREET DOG

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was at Boca Chica yesterday and I saw a dog roaming the beach and he had a large tumor growing from his stomach .
Can anyone recommend a vet that would perform the removal of the tumor and post op care .........I will take care of any cost incurred
The dog will need to be caught and brought to the vet

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We had a wonderful vet in Santo Domingo who saved our dog’s life. Sadly, the vet died and we don’t have another we’d recommend. Sorry.

Reactions: irishpaddy

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
A bit of a hike from Bocca Chica but VetPlaza located in Santo Domingo has been helpful in the past.
Perhaps they can give you a name or number...

Facebook.com/VetPlaza24hrs
+1 (809) 472-8387

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
What you observed for sure is not a tumor coming from the stomach, because tumors inside the body are not visible.
Almost certainly it is a lipoma, which can grow big and a dog can have several.

Wikipedia:
A lipoma is a benign tumor made of fat tissue.[1] They are generally soft to the touch, movable, and painless.[1] They usually occur just under the skin, but occasionally may be deeper.[1] Most are less than 5 cm (2.0 in) in size.[2] Common locations include upper back, shoulders, and abdomen.[4] It is possible to have several lipomas.[3]

Search google with "dog lipoma" to see pictures.

Alexander

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I was at Boca Chica yesterday and I saw a dog roaming the beach and he had a large tumor growing from his stomach .
Can anyone recommend a vet that would perform the removal of the tumor and post op care .........I will take care of any cost incurred
I cannot help with your location, but the below is where we had our dog treated, very professional, reason for posting is perhaps they would not someone at your location or near? They have some connections in the capital as far as I have understood, but branches only in the NC I believe.

If they can do anything for you, I can definitely recommend, the main vet is excellent even in email communication, which is extraordinary in my book...

Clinica Veterinaria de la Cruz
Sosua, Puerto Plata, Republica Dominicana
TEL. 809-571-2982
CEL. 809-256-8222
Email: drdelacruzvt@hotmail.com

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is the dog friendly to you? Can you pet it, scratch it's head?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
the goverment here should start a amimal control agency, as they certainly have the ability..........
the government here start many many things .......helmets for all..........red lights at intersections........maybe they should learn to keep their attention for more than a quick second

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Good man ... hope you find a Vet .... I love dogs more than people... esp Rots