Help for DR tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefano

Oct 10, 2005
badpiece....again...you don't know the history....without the "partigiani" usa wouldn't have helped us....you probably don't know that. The TV told you different. Even George clooney said you american guys are TV drugged.
Probably in a few years you will tell to the Iraqi people that they have to say thanks to you...Do they have to say thanks to you for helping Hussein to get the power ther in 80's?
Stefano

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
coming to...

the dominican republic to learn the culture? Stefano, I hope you know something about their art, music, traditions, as well as THIER language. If you think hanging out at the local colmado or in a club sharing drinks with the locals will lead to knowledge of the country or insights to their way of life think again. You have a better shot at understanding by spending time in Washington Heights. You are an outsider. A tourist. And, regardless of what you think, there is zero interest in you as a cultural phenomena. It is the same as if you spent a week in harlem, scoring grass and drinking, and believing you understand and know the Black People.
Relax. Get over yourself and accept that you are coming to have a good time for a short while. There is nothing cosmic with your visit. Nor do you need " reasons " for coming here.
The advise that you have been given was for your benefit not that of the posters. As a group , they have lived here many years and have been, and still are, very successful in their lives.
If you choose to ignore their offers that's your business but where do you get off telling them that they are " horses asses "? Who are you? Oh that's right.. your'e Italian. That explains it.
Come on down; kitesurf; get a piece of ass; have a few drinks and leave the COSMIC stuff at home. Duh

duhtree said:
the dominican republic to learn the culture? Stefano, I hope you know something about their art, music, traditions, as well as THIER language. If you think hanging out at the local colmado or in a club sharing drinks with the locals will lead to knowledge of the country or insights to their way of life think again. You have a better shot at understanding by spending time in Washington Heights. You are an outsider. A tourist. And, regardless of what you think, there is zero interest in you as a cultural phenomena. It is the same as if you spent a week in harlem, scoring grass and drinking, and believing you understand and know the Black People.
Relax. Get over yourself and accept that you are coming to have a good time for a short while. There is nothing cosmic with your visit. Nor do you need " reasons " for coming here.
The advise that you have been given was for your benefit not that of the posters. As a group , they have lived here many years and have been, and still are, very successful in their lives.
If you choose to ignore their offers that's your business but where do you get off telling them that they are " horses asses "? Who are you? Oh that's right.. your'e Italian. That explains it.
Come on down; kitesurf; get a piece of ass; have a few drinks and leave the COSMIC stuff at home. Duh

Wheres the Love? :)

stefano

Oct 10, 2005
thanks duhtree. Thanks to all for leavng a post here....without showing your name. It's easy to be behind a computer and talking. My visit is not cosmic. That's my nature...i try to understand and to live the culture in the places I go. I did this thing in saudi arabia, emirates, sweden, and a lot of other places. I'm curious to live the clture and the traditions in the place I go. Yopu don't like it, i can tell, you don't have to mind about it. They don't have any history? Do you know there arrived Cristoforo Colombo?
Do you know about spanish in 17th century?
See, I'm trying to study about that place, even if I know My ignorance, when I'm be there, will be so big...ignorant is not who knows that doesn't know, but who thinks he knows.
I didn't say I'm italian...I say I'm european.
Different when you say you are american talking about the usa. You are usa talking about the usa...american talking about the continent.
Good night, guys. Stay there talking behind a computer, and leave the poor people that wants a usa visa, fighting for you in the iraqi war. That's the only way you have to face a war.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Escott said:
Hahaha this is funny. You live in the USA but speak worse than most 2 year olds yet you say all Americans are ignorant? Now I find this hard to believe even coming from a Italian.

You are going to be in Cabarete for 3 days yet expect to find a gal to tour Santo Domingo with you and you "Doesn't mean that the only think they mind is f..k the girl? Let me guess, you wanted to buy her a wedding dress?

I live in the Dominican Republic, have applied for my citizenship, have been approved for my citizenship, gave you good advice yet you insult me?

Deer in the headlights is exactly what you are. See you in Cabarete perhaps.

Escott

Sure but is your spanish any better than his English? I mean you are gonna be a citizen after all. . . . . .LOL. . . .;-)

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
stefano said:
Badpiece and escott...probably you are usa citizen. You don't know much about history, art and so going.
When an european guy goes to a new place, they like to meet the new people, but this doesn't mean that the only think they mind is f...k the girl...It means we like to know more about their culture, about the history, about their tradition...we can understand that because we have that. I know that all the people here in usa (I've been living here) is so ignorant. The only history they knows is their credit history...and probably either.
So I'll be a deer, yes. A deer that will try to drive in the really dominican place, know them and their life.
Ciao

Wow! this is gonna be a good one...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
stefano said:
I didn't say I'm italian...I say I'm european.
stefano said:
Will I have any problem with the language?
I'm italian so i don't speack spanish and english is my second language.
Stefano
Stefano,
Nobody is hiding. We mostly all know each other. and if we haven't met in person, we get to know each other by what we post & reply.
I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you contradict yourself in the manner above, you lose the respect and interest of the other DR1 members.

stefano

Oct 10, 2005
Rocky, it's normal i said that...it was my first on here. I didn't say I'm italian in the way "the italian are better". Instead I said "When an european guy goes to a new place...."
Whatever.
I don't think I mind to lose the respect of you, badpiece, duhtree and escott. I didn't even know you live on this planet before 3 days ago, and i'm sure I'll survive without talking to you. I was looking for some dominican guys, I can meet the usa people here. It seems you all went there...and stay with all your country people. Is it true? Sorry, you are right, the girl are from there. Did you go there because it was hard for you to meet girl in the usa?
Or did you go there because the life is so different from usa?
Or did you go there to run away from your country?
I think you went there because the life is so diffrent from the usa. You are not considered because of you credit history, you are not evaluated because of your money, you can eat good food, you can enjoy relaxed people, you can live a relaxing life.
Duhtree wrote "the dominican republic to learn the culture?" "You are an outsider. A tourist. And, regardless of what you think, there is zero interest in you as a cultural phenomena.". and nothing other. I came on this forum to know more. So duhtree instead of talking and don't tell anything, please tell me about their culture aand the cultural phenomena. I haven't ever been there, it seems like you are the 'GURU".

I'm sorry for all the people wasn't interested in this discussion.
Don't worry, probably in my first visit there I'll love your country and I'll come back a few times again. For sure, after my first visit I'll know some more and I will not write again here. Instead, sorry for you, you will ever have to read about that people post. talking about your country.
Stefano

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
stefano said:
Rocky, it's normal i said that...it was my first on here. I didn't say I'm italian in the way "the italian are better". Instead I said "When an european guy goes to a new place...."
Whatever.
I don't think I mind to lose the respect of you, badpiece, duhtree and escott.
Dude,
You're losing it.
You did say you were Italian, and I'm one of the few who didn't give you a hard time and wished you well.
My last post was to explain to you why you are taking so much heat.
I do understand that English is not your first language and you may have misinterpreted a few things, but it would be better to just say you don't understand something than looking to battle with so many people.
Blatantly condradicting yourself on this board will lead to a lack of respect form other members.
Is that so hard to understand?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Stefano,
No need to hurl ethnic insults. Let's get back to the original topic. You are going to be in Caberete for a few days, then you are traveling to Santiago, Santo Domingo and back to Caberete right? Well, you will enjoy the kitesurfing in Caberete I am sure but Escott was right when he said "they want your money". The majority of Dominicans you will encounter on the north coast will see you as an ATM machine. Still, you can have a great few days in Caberete.

When you travel to Santiago and the Capital I am sure you will discover more of the culture you are hoping to experience. Once you are out of the touristy areas, you will find the people are different. The real jewel of this country are the Dominican people and the real genuine Dominicans are not in the tourist areas. I know little of Santiago. I have visited it several times for short periods and enjoyed some good nights out. I have a good friend that lives there. You will not encounter many (if any) tourists there but if you have someone with you to show you around, I am sure you will have a good time. Going there on your own, the language barrier would be a problem.

I have been living in Santo Domingo for 6 weeks and am very happy here. There is a lot to see here, museums, historical sites, etc. but I have not had the chance to go to most of these places yet. However, if you are looking to get in tune with Dominican history and culture, you can surely do so in the capital. The language barrier would be less of a problem in the capital if you know where you are going but still might be an annoyance.

If you can possibly extend your trip to give yourself more time to explore you will not be sorry. There is alot to experience here. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.