Help from anyone on this matter

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Very eloquent and accurate, Carl.
That's pretty much how I see it too.
How wonderful it is, that no matter how an individual may look, that there is always someone, somewhere in the world to love them.

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Folks,
From the dominican male's perspective: I don't profess to be an expert on the thinking of dark men, but I've a hunch that it's the dream of every dark dominican man to bed a gringa. Think about it........ the DR is a very color-struck society with the light and white at the top and the darker masses at the bottom. Basicly, a young black dominican hombres chances for sex & relationships with white/near-white dominican women are slim to bloody nil. Along comes hordes of horny foreign gringas. Same white skin and although typically on the chuncky side, they're likely to fullfill many conscious/subconscious longings that dominican men may have for sex with white women. Hence, the connection.

When young black dominican men land in canada or in the u.s., they often find themselves in white p___y heaven, due to the althletic bods and good looks that they often have. Many become chick magnets to boot.

Last edited:

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Very Nice

carl ericson70 said:
Hi! first off......... I'm not trying ruffle anyone's feathers, but the following is mere observations of canadian, american and dominican women. Particularly those that frequent the DR. Ummmmm! from what I've seen among english speaking/descended canadian women, I'd say that incidences of obesity are as common as they are among their american female counterparts. Where(as you should know)are among the highest in the world. Now, those of french descent tend to be petite, almost by default. I don't know wether or not it's due to culture, genes or what. In north america obesity is a national health crissis and obesity related ailments kill more americans per annum than homicides, aids and suicides combined.

As for dominican women, I'd definately say that their on average thinner than american and canadian women in the same age brackets. They've beautifull dark brown to light brown skin tones. Heavenly round butts to go with that! Not to mention that they take care of themselves and always strive to look their best in public, even amongst the poorest of them. This is one of the biggest reason that so many gringos from abroad are smitten by them.

On single white canadian women in the DR: From what I've seen most that go there to bang with dark men are usually on the chunky side. It's the same in my area of the u.s., I see interracial couples all the time(mostly black men and white women). About 60% of the time the black male is well-built and attractive and the white female over-weight to some degree and less attractive. Of course there's exceptions.

What this tells me is that there's a trend in north america for heavy-set white females to seek greener pastures with men(i.e. black and hispanic) who're well known to be more accepting of heavier women or even prefer them over thin ones. This dynamic is obviously also playing out with canadian women and dominican men in the DR. On the flip side, it's common to see fat, balding middle aged white men in the DR with fit & attractive young dark dominican women.

Just my personal observations!
carl

Nicely Stated. :)

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Pedestal

dawnwil said:
I said nothing about only skinny women really getting a man excited.

In this country particularly, unless both Dominican man and white woman stood on equal ground, neither you nor I can know absolutely what is driving the desire. Not only that, but most individuals are unaware themselves of what drives their desire. It isn't pretty to think about, but the human species is not so long out of the cave.

Human nature being what it is, the most basic desire always, for every single human being is: to get one's own needs met. That is the driving force.

In a country whereby 'sankies' are the uneducated, hungry, and poor, gringas represent the promised land.

You don't have to like this reality to make it true. Take offence if you wish, it's not my problem that you choose to take something personally that I choose to describe impersonally.

Wow it must be cold and lonely up there on your pedestal all by yourself looking down at others. I feel sorry for you.

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
Hummmmm

Escott said:
I agree! If I were a sankie I would have better taste.

On the other hand there are many other Dominican men that would go for a fattie if she is very pale. I noticed that also.

Sure is a good thing you're perfect and DON'T have to worry about it. Whew! :rolleyes:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
DR Rubia said:
Wow it must be cold and lonely up there on your pedestal all by yourself looking down at others. I feel sorry for you.

It's nice to see you can discuss an issue and refrain from personal attacks.

You don't know me and I don't know you.

I do know what I see on a daily basis here in this country. If you have found love, I'm glad for you. Truly. I said nothing to disparage you personally... unlike you.

You know nothing about what I think is good, or just, or honorable.

Human nature can not often be counted on for the good, or just or honorable. If the day ever came that we stopped killing, cheating, and otherwise hurting one another in massive numbers on this planet, as is the norm, I would have higher expectations for the motives behind the goings on I see here in Sosua on a daily basis.

I will not wear rose tinted glasses and heap praise on all the beautiful people here who see the inner beauty of everyone landing here for a few weeks of whatever they're hoping to find.... just because it sounds pretty and acceptable to say so.

Love comes in many forms. If it's founded on weaknesses, it will be dysfunctional ... and then it leaks away by the weight of its own dysfunction. It can only be founded on strengths to match my definition. You're right, if one is loaded with self esteem, there's a much better chance of finding it.

I will continue to speak up and dispel the fantasies of many who are desperate to find love and willingly fool themselves a culture and country away from home. Your own story is anecdotal, precisely because it is personal. To offer blind support, as you're doing by supporting the goodness and beauty of heavy people everywhere, is not helpful at all. Not here.

How many women do you know who fly in here for a couple of weeks actually have any kind of opportunity to really know Dominicans? Be honest! But how many do you know who leave here with the idea that they've found true love?

If you haven't done so already, read the many, many posts on the dilemma.

Giving blind support to those who may be fooling themselves in dangerous ways (and for the last time-- I'm not describing you personally) is not helpful. It is dangerous, because it allows those desperate women who hunger for love to believe you. They will not see themselves as part of a huge statistic in this country... they will see themselves as you.

They deserve to know the reality... and again, I'm describing only the type of men they are most likely to be meeting when they step off a plane for a few week holiday. These women need a stiff cold shot of reality, not a warm fuzzy blanket of support.

I think it's far kinder to offer the cold shot, rather than the warm fuzzy. I will not be party to the desperation. Those who have the self-esteem will find their way through the tangle and land on their feet.

So I say what I say... without prejudice against you, although you are too blind to see the difference between objective discussion and personal attacks.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
It was HARD, for me to understand

dawnwil said:
because men's penises are generally directly connected to their eyesight

I am beginning to understand why I get this warm feeling when I look at your photos in the member?s gallery.

Chuckuindy

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
dawnwil said:

I do know what I see on a daily basis here in this country. If you have found love, I'm glad for you. Truly. I said nothing to disparage you personally... unlike you.

Human nature can not often be counted on for the good, or just or honorable. If the day ever came that we stopped killing, cheating, and otherwise hurting one another in massive numbers on this planet, as is the norm, I would have higher expectations for the motives behind the goings on I see here in Sosua on a daily basis.

I will not wear rose tinted glasses and heap praise on all the beautiful people here who see the inner beauty of everyone landing here for a few weeks of whatever they're hoping to find.... just because it sounds pretty and acceptable to say so.

Love comes in many forms. If it's founded on weaknesses, it will be dysfunctional ... and then it leaks away by the weight of its own dysfunction. It can only be founded on strengths to match my definition. You're right, if one is loaded with self esteem, there's a much better chance of finding it.

I will continue to speak up and dispel the fantasies of many who are desperate to find love and willingly fool themselves a culture and country away from home. Your own story is anecdotal, precisely because it is personal. To offer blind support, as you're doing by supporting the goodness and beauty of heavy people everywhere, is not helpful at all. Not here.

How many women do you know who fly in here for a couple of weeks actually have any kind of opportunity to really know Dominicans? Be honest! But how many do you know who leave here with the idea that they've found true love?

Giving blind support to those who may be fooling themselves in dangerous ways (and for the last time-- I'm not describing you personally) is not helpful. It is dangerous, because it allows those desperate women who hunger for love to believe you. They will not see themselves as part of a huge statistic in this country... they will see themselves as you.

They deserve to know the reality... and again, I'm describing only the type of men they are most likely to be meeting when they step off a plane for a few week holiday. These women need a stiff cold shot of reality, not a warm fuzzy blanket of support.

I think it's far kinder to offer the cold shot, rather than the warm fuzzy. I will not be party to the desperation. Those who have the self-esteem will find their way through the tangle and land on their feet.

So I say what I say... without prejudice against you, although you are too blind to see the difference between objective discussion and personal attacks.

Being a white Canadian on the heavier side and having married a Dominican man, I found nothing in any of Dawnwil's replies to be offended by. This post, especially, made a lot of sense and was very well-written and thought-out. I think the arguments and attacks on this board are often fed by people's insecurities - if you are secure in yourself and have good self-esteem, you won't take these posts as personal attacks. It took a long time for me to come to this realization. If you know what you have with your husband and know that it's real, without reservations, why care what complete strangers think? They're not referring to your personal experience, rather, they are referring to what everyone in resort towns see time and time again - sankies with different "not-so-pretty" women every week that pay them to have sex. When a sankie is with a different woman every week, how can anyone see it an different than this? Again, I am referring to sankies, NOT real good Dominican men, which can be found all over the island.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I never pay any attention to those comments. I consider the source and move on.

They aren't coming from gorgeous well built men with huge muscles. :laugh: You know what I mean?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Low carb Chuck

Anna Coniglio said:
They aren't coming from gorgeous well built men with huge muscles. :laugh: You know what I mean?

Surely you are not speaking of me, are you?

Chuckuindy

DR Rubia

Mar 12, 2005
No Problem

dawnwil said:

I have no problem with who I am. But I don't look down my nose at others either. I saw some of the things that you mentioned as attacking types people not me personally. I have many dominican friends, male and female and am very protective and take offence to the generalzations people make of dominicans and heavier people on these boards. Like Trina said there are many Good Dominican men (and women) all over the island. You mentioned rose colored glasses...well I try not to look at things through tainted glasses either. I have met good and not so good people all over this earth the DR is no different. My Story has nothing to do with true love of a man only my many friends I love down there. So you see I didn't feel you were talking about me only the stereotyping that is not always correct or nice. The women I know fly there about 4-8 times a year and only one feels she has found true love, I hope she has. The rest of us enjoy all of the dear friendships we have made and kept for 5 years. I don't feel people should be mislead either way, to ONLY seeing bad or good in a country or it's people. Thanks for your conversation and views.
FYI - I have 20/20 vision. :glasses:

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
chuckuindy said:
I am beginning to understand why I get this warm feeling when I look at your photos in the member?s gallery.

Chuckuindy

you bad.

That would be sweet, if I had photos in the member's galley.

But it seems Wud is still busy removing hairs one by one from the one photo that might make the cut one day. I won't say anything more. It makes me cringe.

btw, do you ever take time to remove your tongue from your cheek?

... Just wondering.