HELP needed

Mar 2, 2008
Ginnie,
Back a few posts ago I began to wonder about the same thing. If that is in fact the case in simply adds to a very long list of schemes used to entice people to make very expensive phone calls to some prearranged foreign number.

I'd be interested in knowing about the cost of those phone calls.

I hate to be a cynic, but unless the OP steps forward and gives a more complete explanation, I'm afraid that's what we're left with.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
probably a premium rate number unless we hear any different - there used to be a similar scam to this - dont know if they have such number in estonia though

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Am I to take it then that neither Toober nor carlos got a personal thankyou from the father? H'mmmm. Maybe rubio_higuey did?

Let's hope you get a response Toober, otherwise I'll begin to think it was a scheme to boost phone calls to an Estonian number.........:cheeky:

I actually did a little bit of research before calling to see if it was a phone scheme. I did not find anything and decided to call

I hope this is not the case

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Close the thread.

This is the last thing I got from JHN11 regarding his mssing son,

Paul;

Was planning to e-mail later today.

Finally traced him and everything is fine (what a relief).

I would again express my appreciation for your help and would like to pay you $ 100.00 to make up for any expenses/time expended by you.
This money comes from my heart.
Please let me know in what format you would like to receive those funds.

Maybe one day I will visit the DR and would forward to meeting you.

Of course I refused the cash.

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Hi All;

With the help of my consulate and some help of 2 air lines I was able to locate him today at app 14:00 and finally spoke to him. Everything is ok now.

I truly greatly appreciate all of your concern and help - it offered some comfort during a very trying time and it will not be forgotten.

Again THANKS...JNH

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Hi All;

With the help of my consulate and some help of 2 air lines I was able to locate him today at app 14:00 and finally spoke to him. Everything is ok now.

I truly greatly appreciate all of your concern and help - it offered some comfort during a very trying time and it will not be forgotten.

Again THANKS...JNH

Excellent. It's always nice when people keep those trying to help informed & when they say thank you.

People on this board are very caring, as carlos said, and long may it continue.

I'll now let on what I was doing in the meanwhile which was a newspaper search for any Americans/Canadians/Brits in accidents or as crime victims here. Didn't post it earlier because nothing came up featuring your son's name. Thank goodness.

Hope he enjoys the rest of his stay.

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Just a quick update....

Have been informed that phone # supplied on hotel issued card (Pre-fixed with TEL#: )
is/was actually the wireless security code for his laptop. It was a mistake on their part (for security reason card is a plain plastic card with no other printed info).

Believe me, this was NOT a phone scam of any sort. I am more than willing to reimburse anybody for any actual expenses occured in this matter - just e-mail info.

You have all re-inforced my good feelings in the human race.

Again THANKS...JNH

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Just a quick update....

Have been informed that phone # supplied on hotel issued card (Pre-fixed with TEL#: )
is/was actually the wireless security code for his laptop. It was a mistake on their part (for security reason card is a plain plastic card with no other printed info).

I'm not a technical person but does that number now need to be removed from this thread? In case it puts his laptop access security at risk? If so, send a PM to Chirimoya, the Moderator, & I'm sure she will edit the posts accordingly.

jnh11

Jan 5, 2009
Thanks for your concern but not a problem.

I waited before I posted clarification until I was informed that the # has been disabled and would not be of any use to anybody as a short while ago.

Again, Thanks...JNH

Empress

Jul 31, 2008
Help needed

I'm relieved that positive closure has quickly come, I held my breath, needed to get the update there...and isn't wonderful how everyone helped out!!!
Whew, I'm happily exhaling now!!!
Empress