Hepatitis and B -is it really important?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Just out of interest I will shortly need to redo Hepatitis Typhoid and Tetanus vaccinations. I have seen several Haitians and Dominicans with large raised welts on their arms from their childhood vaccinations. Is there any way of checking that the vaccination you are having is actually the real thing or some sort of reject - like some other goods available here?

It is the same with medicines. I have one I take regularly and some brands are great and work well and other brands seem to be no more than talcum powder.

Matilda

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Is there any way of checking that the vaccination you are having is actually the real thing or some sort of reject - like some other goods available here?

Personally I don't risk it & since most of these are only needed every 2/3 years+ I get it done when visiting UK. Failing that I believe a poster called Matilda's Mother is due here shortly ;)? Get her to sweet-talk a friendly doctor in UK & bring the vaccines with her. Failing that Dr. Jim has always told me that Ethical Pharmaceutical here in DR have strict quality control - you can check on Salud Publica website who makes what you need. There are pages & pages of those medications with licences, with expired licences etc etc. The search engine on that site doesn't work wonderfully well, so your best bet is to go through the alphabetically listed items.
Consulta de Licencias de Drogas y Farmacias
That will, of course, only tell you about licensed items, not about their quality.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
I have seen several Haitians and Dominicans with large raised welts on their arms from their childhood vaccinations.

Matilda

those welts are caused by LIVE vaccines. most of the ones we're used to are not LIVE. so, no welt.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I got the shots a few years ago because I was not staying on resorts. Even if you stay only on resorts you should get the shots because of the workers.

it is not because of the workers, and it is not because of dominicans or haitians aso present.
it is always because we frequent areas where many nationalities are present, each of them has their own 'bacterias' which they are more immune to and others which they are very vulnerable to. a turist area is of course a top spot in case of all diseases this globe knows about, they are ALL Present, always, and the risk that we get in touch with some is very high, so the well known preparations/shots should be done before thinking about to meet hundresd.thousands of people from all over the planet under numerous circumstances where body fluids aso get exchanged even that we often don't know/think about it.
i am not talking about the obvious like sex, i am talking about the simple all day stuff like grabbing a plate at the buffet restaurant, you don't know which visitor who may be immune or not to something grabbed it a moment before you but left it there, so that you are the next whou touches what he left there, the same when touching anything at a bathroom aso aso aso.
even more dangerous are the flights, 300 people and just around 6 toilets, make an average count of how many people out of 300 have some kind of decease.
Mike

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Personally I don't risk it & since most of these are only needed every 2/3 years+ I get it done when visiting UK. Failing that I believe a poster called Matilda's Mother is due here shortly ;)? Get her to sweet-talk a friendly doctor in UK & bring the vaccines with her.

Good plan Batwoman. Thanks

Mattie

Empress

Jul 31, 2008
vaccinations

YUCK!!!
Mike, you really gave me something to think about there! The planes...LOL. I reallt try to block that out when travelling, but I carry little alcohol wipes now, especially for the little one.
I just found out recently that there are great natural booster shots that benefit just as well, and don't leave the damage that the normal vaccinations leave in the body, as can be traced many years after the shots. The good thing is that we are all making our selves aware and doing all that we can to help keep our health.
Anyone can check with natural medicines, and see if it is right for them.

it is not because of the workers, and it is not because of dominicans or haitians aso present.
it is always because we frequent areas where many nationalities are present, each of them has their own 'bacterias' which they are more immune to and others which they are very vulnerable to. a turist area is of course a top spot in case of all diseases this globe knows about, they are ALL Present, always, and the risk that we get in touch with some is very high, so the well known preparations/shots should be done before thinking about to meet hundresd.thousands of people from all over the planet under numerous circumstances where body fluids aso get exchanged even that we often don't know/think about it.
i am not talking about the obvious like sex, i am talking about the simple all day stuff like grabbing a plate at the buffet restaurant, you don't know which visitor who may be immune or not to something grabbed it a moment before you but left it there, so that you are the next whou touches what he left there, the same when touching anything at a bathroom aso aso aso.
even more dangerous are the flights, 300 people and just around 6 toilets, make an average count of how many people out of 300 have some kind of decease.
Mike