Hi, New to writing posts

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
Hi, I always read your posts and I would like to write my own, so this is a start. Thank you all for your time and dedication to this forum.

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
Bienvenido Rachel. What would you like to write about?
HI, mostly I have questions, we recently bought a condo and have few questions down the road in regards to importing goods from here or perhaps buying everything there ??? , obtaining a residence etc. I have learned so much already in this forum and would love to continue my learning experience. Looking forward to connect with people from all over the world. Currently in New Jersey. Thank you! Rachel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
HI, mostly I have questions, we recently bought a condo and have few questions down the road in regards to importing goods from here or perhaps buying everything there ??? , obtaining a residence etc. I have learned so much already in this forum and would love to continue my learning experience. Looking forward to connect with people from all over the world. Currently in New Jersey. Thank you! Rachel
Once you have your residency, you have 6 months from date residency is acquired to bring a container of furnishings, appliances and personal belongings, and a car, at a discounted rate. It must arrive in that time period.

We shipped a car out of northern NJ, we live in southern NJ.

Reactions: Dolores

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
Once you have your residency, you have 6 months from date residency is acquired to bring a container of furnishings, appliances and personal belongings, and a car, at a discounted rate. It must arrive in that time period.

We shipped a car out of northern NJ, we live in southern NJ.
Thank you for the information, glad to meet here, I came here to this forum after your transition from the older one. Great work ! I met a couple who shipped a container and it was so expensive.. is scary.. but would look into it further. Im in Central Jersey.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
This is a good way to introduce yourself: Tell us how you came to buy a condo here. Why did you buy it? Where is it and what are your plans as to how to use it. There have been hundreds of posts here on the subject and I think your input would be interesting to the members of the forum. Good luck on your new purchase and welcome.

Rachelvaldes23

Apr 14, 2020
This is a good way to introduce yourself: Tell us how you came to buy a condo here. Why did you buy it? Where is it and what are your plans as to how to use it. There have been hundreds of posts here on the subject and I think your input would be interesting to the members of the forum. Good luck on your new purchase and welcome.
HI Johne, we always had an interest in the Dominican Republic, I'm originally from Cuba, our cultures are very similar and because the political regimen in my natal country we cannot invest there. We love the nice weather all year long, the people, the culture, my husband is an outdoors person, hates the Winters up here in New Jersey. So our plan is to spend a lot of time there. The Condo is in the East Coast and thankfully to this forum we used a Reputable Lawyer Guzman Ariza and are very happy with their services and their representation to our investment. We still one more year to go, or maybe even longer due to the pandemic. Now let me tell you something Funny about opening a Bank account there. HAY DIOS MIO, OMG we used Scotiabank, I was in chock at the amount of papers needed to open a savings account USD. But we got it done ! Now I would like to know if I would be able to pay for utilities there using this card if I'm here in the States? . Just to know for future. Thank you.

Reactions: aarhus

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
HI Johne, we always had an interest in the Dominican Republic, I'm originally from Cuba, our cultures are very similar and because the political regimen in my natal country we cannot invest there. We love the nice weather all year long, the people, the culture, my husband is an outdoors person, hates the Winters up here in New Jersey. So our plan is to spend a lot of time there. The Condo is in the East Coast and thankfully to this forum we used a Reputable Lawyer Guzman Ariza and are very happy with their services and their representation to our investment. We still one more year to go, or maybe even longer due to the pandemic. Now let me tell you something Funny about opening a Bank account there. HAY DIOS MIO, OMG we used Scotiabank, I was in chock at the amount of papers needed to open a savings account USD. But we got it done ! Now I would like to know if I would be able to pay for utilities there using this card if I'm here in the States? . Just to know for future. Thank you.
Thank you for the input. I'll let other members answer your banking question who are very knowlegable on the subject.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
..Hello Rachel..welcome, Scotia bank is the one I use but be careful about using bank cards here...