Highest Temperatures recorded in DR

Jan 7, 2016
The heat here in Southern U.S. has been extremely oppressive for the past several weeks--days of 99-100 F with 80-90% humidity. Was in Las Vegas last week, and it was never under 108 F during the daytime and rarely dipped below 90 at night with absolutely zero humidity. Makes for some really cracked and dry skin and mucous membranes! Can't wait to get back to the D.R.!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
It is all in your point view.

I once worked in a steel making (Basic Open Hearth) shop. When it is 90F outside it is really hot inside the shop.
I was wearing 3 layers of wool just to keep cool. Staying was not really a problem working was.
A second helper could lose 10 lbs in an 8 hour shift.

I am just as hot as everyone else but I have been hotter.

I have also been out when the windchill is -70.

DS

Closest I've been to that is 30 minutes in a fully encapsulated haz mat suit in 90 degree weather. That's the longest I could do in the suit even with a cooling vest on. Great way to lose weight fast! You now you've had enough when you start slurring your speech and hallucinating.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
woke upo at 7 am with another headache. popped 3 pills to keep me from chopping the wretched thing off. head still heavy. thanks, danilo.

Sorry I'm late getting back to you on this. Try taking a 24 hour Reactine or Claritin antihistamine. I get aura headaches from high humidity every now and then, and the antihistamine really helps me sleep and cope with the humidity during the day.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I have been waiting all my life to get old enough to be cold all the time.
I,m there!!!

Pays off big here in the DR!!!!
Ccccccccc

Check the thyroid, b12, iron and glucose levels. I'm off for my daily 15 min jog on Costambar playa.

Last edited:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
The heat here in Southern U.S. has been extremely oppressive for the past several weeks--days of 99-100 F with 80-90% humidity. Was in Las Vegas last week, and it was never under 108 F during the daytime and rarely dipped below 90 at night with absolutely zero humidity. Makes for some really cracked and dry skin and mucous membranes! Can't wait to get back to the D.R.!

Leaving the skin on, cut an onion in half and sleep with it next to your bed. It sounds insane but it does wonders to prevent dried out mucus membranes!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Check the thyroid, b12, iron and glucose levels. I'm off for my daily 15 min jog on Costambar playa.

Don't know if you are male or female, but for females of a certain age, checking thyroid levels can change your life. For the better.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Sorry I'm late getting back to you on this. Try taking a 24 hour Reactine or Claritin antihistamine. I get aura headaches from high humidity every now and then, and the antihistamine really helps me sleep and cope with the humidity during the day.

thanks, i will try that. my liver probably looks like i pump it with booze on a daily basis for having to deal with all the meds i pop.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
I like the heat and really like the humidity, most do not, I love sweating and never being cold. But record heat (& climate change) isn't good