Hola from San Cristobal/Santo Domingo

Nov 9, 2023
SC
New member here although lurking for a while. I have been visiting this island for almost 14 years because I have a relationship with a dominican woman a little longer.

And thats amazing because I must be in the <1% group of succesfull longterm relationships and still not bankrupt!
There are some conditions to make that happen.

I am wasting my time in a condo in SD or in the campo above SC. Both have their disadvantages and disadvantages. Luckily I live most of the time in a cold country below sealevel so its all relative.

I already enjoy this forum, there is even some usefull information to find!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Welcome aboard, what area of San Cristóbal? We’ve been at Playa Najayo for many decades.
Calle la cruz, just north of San Cristobal. Also waiting for a house to be finished in residencial Altavista SC which is taking years already. Would be a nice place if it ever gets done. Where in Playa Najayo? I have been a few times in a house on top of the cliff at the right side of the beach, not far from the abandoned druglord mansion.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Calle la cruz, just north of San Cristobal. Also waiting for a house to be finished in residencial Altavista SC which is taking years already. Would be a nice place if it ever gets done. Where in Playa Najayo? I have been a few times in a house on top of the cliff at the right side of the beach, not far from the abandoned druglord mansion.

Roberto Pilarti’s house? Trujillo built that house. And that abandoned big house on the beach wasn’t a drug lords, it was Trujillo’s home. He’s also the one who built the wall in the water, it used to have a lighted boardwalk on top.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo
Nov 9, 2023
SC
No, I think more to the south, the villa I spend some time nowadays is called villa la costa on google maps. A frenchman owned it. What I remember what was told about that abandoned mansion a little further south it had a hidden tunnel to the waterline for the ‘contrabande’ to unload and it was shut down when discovered. At least that was the myth. True or not its a great story!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No, I think more to the south, the villa I spend some time nowadays is called villa la costa on google maps. A frenchman owned it. What I remember what was told about that abandoned mansion a little further south it had a hidden tunnel to the waterline for the ‘contrabande’ to unload and it was shut down when discovered. At least that was the myth. True or not its a great story!

We never heard that one! I’m not familiar with that villa.