Holiday Village resort spiders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Yeaah, compared to some other places I?ve lived the creepy crawlies are not big deal. I don?t like spiders either. The way they inject their prey or trespasser with thier venom before slurping down their dinner to me is a bit nasty. A friend of mine was bitten by a brown recluse and it literally killed a chunk of meat in his arm the size of an oreo cookie. The good thing about an enormous eight legger is that there is absolutely no way it could crawl into your mouth while you are sleeping. Hell, a spider that catches and eats chickens would be like the Alien on your face! So that is definitely a consolation to the OP.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Yeaah, compared to some other places I?ve lived the creepy crawlies are not big deal. I don?t like spiders either. The way they inject their prey or trespasser with thier venom before slurping down their dinner to me is a bit nasty. A friend of mine was bitten by a brown recluse and it literally killed a chunk of meat in his arm the size of an oreo cookie. The good thing about an enormous eight legger is that there is absolutely no way it could crawl into your mouth while you are sleeping. Hell, a spider that catches and eats chickens would be like the Alien on your face! So that is definitely a consolation to the OP.

Do you have a natural cruel streak?? Or just a "wicked" sense of humour?

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I really do sympathize with the arachnaphobia, but i admit that I am telling stories, albeit true ones, that may make the OP?s skin crawl. And I think that the link I posted about the chiken-eating spiders was informative and not too scary, unless you are a chicken. I don{t like spiders either, and one that really disturbs me is the wolf spider. Ever try to kill one? Man, they are fast and can jump a mile!

kevinpurvis

Jan 27, 2008
thanks again for everyones views, i cant wait to get ther in june, really looking forward to it, shame a small few ppl spoiled this thread

sporty

Apr 15, 2007
response to large spiders

We have seen 1 large spider while on holidays in the playa dorada complex in the last 2 years and I just stepped on it. ooops sorry....
Enjoy your holidays and cope with whatever as it happens. Most things we worry about never happen.
Have fun.
Sporty

Status
Not open for further replies.