Home attendant for Senior in San Cristobal

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
Hey guys, I’m going to start looking for some extra help for my grandmother who’s in her 90s but I have no idea where to start or what the costs may be for something like that.

Anyone have experience looking for this type of help? What is usually charged and what to look out for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You get what you pay for.
If you are cheap and want to lowball someone they won't last because that's tough work

Castro156

Oct 9, 2011
NEW YORK
Yes, I also agree but that’s a given.

I’m looking for anyone to comment with something a little more helpful.

Price range specifically…

Thanks

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I ran ads on the local free classifieds for months looking for someone to clean my home once every two weeks here in San Cristobal.

I received a total of 4 responses in two months. The first question from those 4 was "How much do you pay." I told them 2000 pesos for 3 hours. All of them declined, saying it was "muy chin."

I told them it was only Broom, mop, and dust.

One said she'd do it for 5k pesos. For 3 hours. Cleaning house.

Last edited:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I ran ads on the local free classifieds for months looking for someone to clean my home once every two weeks here in San Cristobal.

I received a total of 4 responses in two months. The first question from those 4 was "How much do you pay." I told them 2000 pesos for 3 hours. All of them declined, saying it was "muy chin."

Send me an application, I have 3 hours to spare per day

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

If you are still looking I have someone there that is excellent. I will send you here number. And I can personally vouch for her.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If you are still looking I have someone there that is excellent. I will send you here number. And I can personally vouch for her.
Great. Does she live in San Cristobal or Hatillo?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Great. Does she live in San Cristobal or Hatillo?
Yes. I just sent her number in a message. You will have zero problems with her.............San Cristobal is where she lives. I have no idea where but should be ok to get to your place. She is also on Whatsapp and that would be the best to reach her.

Nov 9, 2023
SC

2000 pesos for 3 hours is generous, I am surprised. Maybe these classifieds did not reach the right people.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
2000 pesos for 3 hours is generous, I am surprised. Maybe these classifieds did not reach the right people.
I couldn't believe it either. That's not only generous, it's about 3 times the going rate for cleaning.

But when you have the time, jump on the classifieds website of your choice and do a search.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Maybe they knew it was a gringo and got greedy?
Maybe his avatar is a giveaway of his household ;)..

Seriously, I believe word of mouth and via via recommendation is the best way to find a cleaner. Many are looking to earn some extra money with jobs like these.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Maybe his avatar is a giveaway of his household ;)..

Seriously, I believe word of mouth and via via recommendation is the best way to find a cleaner. Many are looking to earn some extra money with jobs like these.
I agree 100%. But that usually brings us back to the conversation about folks here don't like to recommend others.

I'm not like that, I believe clear communication is key.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
I understand both…trust is the limiting factor I guess. Let’s see how Sky’s friend works out. If not my wife and stepdaughter have family and friends in San Cristobal who may know someone.

I also wonder what the OP is looking for (services/hours)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I understand both…trust is the limiting factor I guess. Let’s see how Sky’s friend works out. If not my wife and stepdaughter have family and friends in San Cristobal who may know someone.

I also wonder what the OP is looking for (services/hours)

Start asking around, just in case, but I'm getting some good vibes from Sky's friend. All of my life I've been known as a great boss (don't like the word boss, but) so hopefully she'll be happy with me. We'll see.