HOMS: First Dominican General Hospital Receive Accreditation for the First World

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS) is the first Dominican general hospital to get accreditation from a first world country, meaning the quality of the installation, treatments from the doctors, etc is guaranteed to be of first world standards. Just iver the mountains from Sosúa/Cabarete.

The HOMS is currently going through an expansion with a new tower. This could easily become the largest hospital in the Cibao and maybe in the DR.

CEB691B3-FC45-4246-A47A-820D00A4CBC8.jpeg

HELIDOSA offers the Aeroambulance service all over the DR. Places like Sosúa or Las Terrenas are only a few minutes away from the HOMS with the Aeroambulancia.

060CC9EB-4747-421E-835C-39CE0BF7D05D.jpeg

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
well that's a plus, now if they could only find first world appointments and insurance processing

Reactions: Lafcadio

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Helidosa is the helicopter ambulance company most of you probably have on your car insurance policy.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Helidosa is the helicopter ambulance company most of you probably have on your car insurance policy.
i do have this "service" incl. in my full cover Insurance from Peppin Seguros. I think it is totally useless. I live her for 17 years and never ever saw them in action and don't know anybody that ever has. First of all, with all this cables covering the entire country like a spidernet, where should they land anyway right !?. Does anybody ever saw or at least heard about them actually transporting a patient ??? I tried to call them once to ask for a transport of a Friend of mine (that broke both legs) from San juan de la Maguana to Santo Domingo but we gave up after calling for 4 hours without any answer. Does this service really exist ???

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, it's the pertinent authorities who make the call to Helidosa for the service.

Imagine if every Tom, Dick and Harry could call them any time they thought they had a reason to?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
By the time they processed you to find out if you had helicopter transport services on your insurance you'd be ready for the two Xs on your eye lids
The only time I saw a helicopter used to transport injured were the military guys who were injured in Sosua, yes jumping out of a helicopter into Sosua Bay. They landed in the baseball field in front of Casa Marina hotel to pick them up