Hookah?

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
How do they talk in the Bronx?

Nice play on words!!!!

Hey I am Northeastern-er from Rhode Island -

We pronounce our words much different than others throughout the country.

In fact we don't really pronounce the letter R like most. We say AHHH - Like: "I'm going to Wal-Mahht" - or "I am going to Pahhk my Cahh"

So, with this in mind, I thought a Hookah was a Hookah or a HookER.....

Don't be a hater, just understand that we talk differently and as first thought, I thought the OP was looking for something else...

:laugh:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Verdad.....

I thought a Hookah was a Hookah or a HookER.....

Don't be a hater, just understand that we talk differently and as first thought, I thought the OP was looking for something else...

:laugh:
True.

BEFORE I clicked on this thread, I thought it meant "hooker".

There's a kid where I work who talks like this: "hookah" (for hooker), "brothah" (for brother), "mothah" (for mother), "sistah" (for sister)......And so on and so on.

He, he even called me "phat" once.....Still don't know if he was calling me "gordo" (which I am) or was trying to say "nice". LOL.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Old thread from 2007 popped up on a search.

Any updates as to if there is yet a Hookah Lounge in the Capital? Thanks!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
If Santiago has an exclusive hookah place I'm sure the Capital has one. The one in Santiago is called Mr. Hookah.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
one of the bars in the 2nd floor of malecon center has hookah. i'm not sure what an exclusive hookah place is.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Before this thread gets closed :D:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AwmHBRFqXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AwmHBRFqXk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Extreme,

Mucho duraron pa' hacerle un merengue a la hookah! hahahahahaha

didn't watch the entire thing but those he take a hit of the hookah? lol

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm sure he'll be back at some point, if only to check if anyone missed his postings. :D

?

? bient?t

I've arrived: When To?o mentions 'Tao' at the 1:06 minute mark.