Hotel in Higuey

Tarifa

Feb 28, 2003
Hi everyone.....
I'm new to this forum, and i really enjoy learning more about DR.
I would like to find an hotel (not all included) in Higuey , Does anyone have any suggestions for not expensive hotel but nice....?

Thanks a lot
Tarifa from Qu?bec city. (Est-ce qu'il y a des qu?b?cois ou des fran?ais sur le site???)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Est-ce qu'il y a des qu?b?cois ou des fran?ais sur le site???

En mon cas, non, but I'm curious about your name, as I hail from the second-southernmost point of the Iberian peninsula!

Chiri

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
There is the Barcelo Naranjo in the city of Higuey. It is modest, clean, and has a restaurant. The rate for a double is about US$ 31 a night. It is in walking distance to the cathedral, bus station, the city's commercial center and government offices. The beaches of Punta Cana/Bavaro are about 45 km distant. Regards, PJT

Hotel El Naranjo, Altagracia 23, Higuey
(809) 554-3400
(809) 554-5455

Tarifa

Feb 28, 2003
"I'm curious about your name, as I hail from the second-southernmost point of the Iberian peninsula! "

chiri....Tarifa is the name of a small town in the south part of Spain...From there you can easily see Africa...it's just wonderful!

Thanks for the reply, i really appreciate it!
if there is anyone else, feel free to gave me some others adress...

Tarifa;)

eboy

Feb 26, 2003
tarifa certainly outranks higuey... may I ask why you are headed there?

it's mostly an inland sugar-cane town, though the concrete cathedral sticks in my memory still
(can't help with hotels- I stayed with friends)

et fais-gaffe de l'eau! make sure water is marked with a symbol denoting one of the bottled water organizations... and silly me, I ate street food in Higuey and my gut was lousy for two weeks... (que j'avais de la misere du ventre apres... pire qu'al-Maghreb, a mon avis)

PS: Do any of you know if there are any bands doing Andalusian-Fusion music (flamenco/Moroccan mix) other than Radio Tarifa??

e

Tarifa

Feb 28, 2003
merci du conseil...!

e-boy...

I need hotel names because i'm planning to go back in DR this summer and i would like to stay there one or two nights...

Merci de partager tes exp?riences avec la nourriture et l'eau...j"en prend bonne note!

And about my name, i'm from quebec city...but i did went to tarifa 2 years ago and i really liked it....so about the fl;amenco, i have absolutely no idea...sorry!

(sorry everyone for my english...i'm way better in french..loll)

Tarifa

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Tarifa,

Quand j'ai demeurais a Higuey on demeurait dans une chambre dans l'hotel Coqui. C'est tr?s beau et coute RDS 150 pesos par soir.

Si tu veux plus d'info envoi moi un courriel.

Michelle