How did you come to DR1?

aross

Nov 15, 2007
How did I come to DR1, well someone told me to go there because if I joined and started posting I would eventually meet Rocky. WOW I thought to myself, I'm going to meet a real Hollywood Star.

rocky-3-1-1024-1.jpg

Can you imagine my surprise when I finally met him? (by the way, that is him in the middle of the photo, not in the bottom left hand corner)

BirdMarco.jpg

Hee hee hee.

The Rocky Balboa Image comes from a free wallpaper web site (Moviewallpapers.net ) that states ?All images come from public sources on the Internet and are listed as being in the public domain?

Reactions: Bronxboy
Mar 2, 2008
Doing research on the DR, started reading ALL the back posts and began to get to know the personalities, and they became the real story.

I didn't actually sign up for another year or so. During that time, I just read and observed.

It's amazing how many of the personalities stayed the same, while others developed and grew. Some new people began posting, while some old timers dropped out. All in all, a very interesting group of characters. I learned a lot from them.

carmeng

Nov 18, 2007
I usually read other spanish web about DR "www.beatrizweb.com" and there I found the link DR1. I read it every day, but I don?t usually write here because I am still learning english and I can?t write and speak well.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
My ex-salsa partner is married to a Dominicana (they now live in Michigan). He told me about the site.

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
dr1

Off the www and since i joined the forum i have had many a moment of laughter/joy. I have been corrected a few times, but in general wiser for my time on here and long may it continue. so thank you to all on DR1

jhm

Feb 23, 2002
www.colorescaribe.com
I'm probably one of the longests fans of DR1. Been traveling to the North coast for 20 some years. In the old days we had to travel via Las Americus. We usually stayed the first and last nights in Santo Domingo, usually at the Naco, Lina or El Embasador. Got used to picking up the Santo Domingo News at the hotel, on the way out of the country for the flight home.

There was a 3-4 year lull where we didn't travel to the DR, think the kids were young. I got homesick for the north coast and decided to subscribe to the The Santo Domingo News, via mail. I sent an email to the News. I was informed that the Santo Domingo News was no longer available but an electronic edition was available. Been reading DR1 ever since.

Reactions: Rocky