How do i get temporary residency ?

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
he want's it cheap,
so why not do it yourself??
it is the cheapest way and you have only to trust yourself.
Mike

Yes, i need cheap and honest, i am not a rich gringo like most of you, i am from Morrocco.

But i am impressed how instead of answering my questions from the thread you use your time to type funny remarks and criticism.

If i thought everyone on this forum was like that then i would never log-on anymore, but i am hopeful there are some good hearts out there who want to lend a helping hand.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Yes, i need cheap and honest, i am not a rich gringo like most of you, i am from Morocco.

But i am impressed how instead of answering my questions from the thread you use your time to type funny remarks and criticism.

If i thought everyone on this forum was like that then i would never log-on anymore, but i am hopeful there are some good hearts out there who want to lend a helping hand.

All your questions have been answered but you don't listen (read)!

P.S. My spelling checker corrected Morrocco Morocco...

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Yes, i need cheap and honest, i am not a rich gringo like most of you, i am from Morrocco.

I hope this guy sticks around - he will provide alot of fun!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yes, you do need to show a connection to the DR. A letter from a bank in the DR indicating you have an account. You can have one peso in the account and it does not matter. Or you can provide a letter from your present or future employer in the DR. If you own property in the DR proof of ownership can also be used to show a connection to the DR.

since when? i did not need any of those papers, i did not have a job or a bank account either when i applied for residency.
while getting permanent version earlier this year again i did not have to provide any proof of "ties" with DR....:paranoid:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i did not need those proval papers neither.
my own residency is old, but a buddy of mine got his this spring 2008 and did not need something like that neither.
to open a bank account he waited til he had his cedula in hands, the easier way to do so.
we needed just the complete passports copies, we brought the 'police records' papers from home and from here, and the original of the birth certificate. in the document of 'frineds'/people you are known by here i filled in my name, my wife and an other 2 friends names with phone numbers, that's it as long as the rules did not change this summer.
Mike

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
since when?....:paranoid:

i did not need those proval papers neither................that's it as long as the rules did not change this summer.Mike

Part of an email I received from my lawyer dated 17 June, 2008:

Newly enforced administrative measures at the Dominican Immigration Department are now requiring all medical exams for residency purposes to be pre-authorized. To obtain the authorization for the medical exams you should provide us the following documentation:

a) copy of the first page of your passport (page with picture).
b) copy of the page of the passport that has the stamp of the entrance to the Dominican Republic.
c) copy of the page of the passport that has the stamp of the visa (if applies).
d) Document showing a connection with the Dominican Republic, such as a letter from a local bank stating that the applicant has opened an account (you would need to come down personally to the DR an open the account with your passport), a letter from an actual or potential employer, proof of ownership of property (a car or real estate), etc.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Part of an email I received from my lawyer dated 17 June, 2008:

Newly enforced administrative measures at the Dominican Immigration Department are now requiring all medical exams for residency purposes to be pre-authorized. To obtain the authorization for the medical exams you should provide us the following documentation:

a) copy of the first page of your passport (page with picture).
b) copy of the page of the passport that has the stamp of the entrance to the Dominican Republic.
c) copy of the page of the passport that has the stamp of the visa (if applies).
d) Document showing a connection with the Dominican Republic, such as a letter from a local bank stating that the applicant has opened an account (you would need to come down personally to the DR an open the account with your passport), a letter from an actual or potential employer, proof of ownership of property (a car or real estate), etc.

Was that last line "a letter from an actual or potential employer"

OR

"proof of ownership of property"

or do you need them both ? ?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Was that last line "a letter from an actual or potential employer"

OR

"proof of ownership of property"

or do you need them both ? ?

1) a letter from a local bank stating that the applicant has opened an account
2) a letter from an actual or potential employer
3) proof of ownership of property (a car or real estate), etc.

Any one of the three will provide a "connection" with the DR. Opening a peso bank account will probably be the easiest to do.

In addition you will also have to bring to the Dominican Republic:

(a) original of the birth certificate, authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate,
(b) original of your marriage certificate, if the spouses are applying together; authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate,
(c) passport and
(d) pictures (2" x 2": 4 front and 4 profile, white background required, accessories such as earrings or sunglasses not allowed).

Be sure to contact a lawyer to confirm information is up to date. Things change quite frequently in the DR.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so we need a proof of connection to the DR now???
yes,
and that is exactly what the signatures for 'conocimiento bueno' been before, still the same.
or do ya think any serious country on the planet gives you residency if you never even been here before??
whatcha wanna do here??
so come over to the country where you wanna live,
open a bank account, of course in person,
bring a valid passport of your home country,
and all will be fine.
so where's the prob??
i talked to my own lawyer 30 minutes ago and yes,
she told me that you do not need any longer the copies of all passport pages like required before, just the one where your foto is on and the one with the stamp of your last entrance to the country.
the med checks like the blood sample for HTV aso and the urin sample and the x-ray can be done here and all together within 2 hrs max.
Mike

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
1)

In addition you will also have to bring to the Dominican Republic:

(a) original of the birth certificate, authenticated at the nearest Dominican Consulate,
QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if i didn't bring any papers with me, can my consulate provide me these things without me having to go back home ? and if so, will that be legally O.K. with the Dominicans ??

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if your consulate provides you any legal papers, they are legal, the DR will accept them as legal.
so what's the real situation here??
you are from marocco, my first better half been half maroccinion,
are you actually in Marocco?
in that case, get your papers there and bring them over, where's the prob?
if you are actually here, legally or illegally,
contact your consulate/embassy what ever your country has present here on the island or nearby in the caribbean and request the needed papers, your consulate can get you any legal paper from your homecountry to here the same way than you could get iot at home, of course it costs money to do so and there's somebody who has to pay for the needed services.
so much to the "cheap" version in case you arrived and brought nothing with ya. let us know what is fact with ya and your situation, so there may be somebody who can help ya out.
Mike
Mike

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
In the residency section of this site it is written that you have to have economic solvency of at least 500,000 dominican pesos to get your temporary residency.

So much for the idea that one can open a bank account with only one peso and have "attachments".

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Please re-read my post dated with updated information from 17 June, 2008.

Just curious Bigbird, when did you apply for your temporary residency, and how long did it take from application to get your Cedula?

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
Please re-read my post dated with updated information from 17 June, 2008.

I just re-read your post and you only stated opening an account with a passport, but you didn't state the minimum money needed.

Whereas Guzman-Ariza's site in his Residency section, clearly states you need to have a minimum of 500,000 pesos in that account to show "attachments" and thus get temporary residency.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I personally know folks that applied/received their permanent residency with under $RD17K in the bank upon application.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
I personally know folks that applied/received their permanent residency with under $RD17K in the bank upon application.

Ya, but they must of had other investments in the D.R. all totalling to 500,000 pesos like; cars, house, etc...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Nope, they hired a lawyer like you should!
More than happy to share.

tambo' out