How do you expose a Sankie??

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
Well - you see the dilemma here. I don't want to jump to any conclusions about him because I am not that kind of person. I will give him a chance. In the meantime, I will NEVER send him money - no worries people. And if he asks me, it will be the last conversation we have. Like I said, I will not fall in love with him and do not expect him to be faithful to me - we are not married nor will we ever be.

He initially started by saying he liked me. "Like". In English. If he says he loves me anytime soon, it's all over. I know the Spanish word for liar. And, I know he must not make a lot of money, but that is not a crime. I cannot summarily punish someone for not having a lot of money....he seems to do alright and appears to be a responsible individual. I remember being a well-educated person in my twenties with NO MONEY. I will never be living with him NOR supporting him so it's irrelevant.

We'll see what happens - I will report on that "moment" when it hits me....

V.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
What do you see yourself doing in the future? Traveling to see someone in the DR, moving there? Do you see yourself sponsoring someone to come to where you live? There are a lot of guys who will take your heart and your money (just the same way as women). So, if you see yourself doing something like that - it makes sence, if you are not up for such efforts - why not to try to talk to people where you live and cut that guy off completely before he gets a hold of your hormones?

Last edited:

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
I see myself having friends in many places as I do travel frequently. I think it would be nice to have someone to visit if/when I go back to the DR. Why does it have to be all or nothing? As long as the relationship is not hurting me or draining me I don't see the harm in it. Am I wrong?

The truth is I like this person. Like him as in we get along and have fun together. Why do I need to cut if off if I don't want to marry him? I am sure he will cut me loose when he realizes he can't use me - if that is his intention.

I talk to many people here at home - I don't have a shortage of male company if I choose. I also have a demanding career that takes up a lot of my time. I am not looking for an intense relationship or something serious.

Maybe it's possible to have a long-distance friendship? Even with a Sankie?
I would hate believe I am soooo cynical or that relationships between men and women are so cut and dry. Is nothing pure anymore?

hmmmm interesting :ermm:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Well, if you see yourself traveling to DR and spending time with that person, I guess that is fine. Whatever works for you. I am not sure how friendships between men and women work, most men talk to women only if they like them and then want to go further unless they are gay. ;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
How shall we proceed?

Well, if you see yourself traveling to DR and spending time with that person, I guess that is fine. Whatever works for you. I am not sure how friendships between men and women work, most men talk to women only if they like them and then want to go further unless they are gay. ;)
Not gay and we chat (here) .... so what's next? :)

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Anyway....I am just sooooo curious how far he's going to take it........and when do I cut it off. What is the exact moment I will know for sure he is a bone fide sankie? He is okay so far...... ;) :rolleyes:
V

Why stay and wait to find out? Cut it off now. You're only setting yourself up to be sankified! He's already got you half way there by continuing to accept his phone calls and keeping in contact with him. Sankies are professionals and before you know it, you're gonna start falling for his BS lines and start to believe them. And soon enough, he has you wrapped around his fingers and take you for all you got! Do you really want to wait until you're heartbroken and end up going to see a psychiatrist to help you get over him...and not to mention, you'll be broke! Read all the threads in the sankie forum and you'll see that this is usually the case...it's never a 'happily ever after' story when it comes to sankies.

Run, run, run!

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I knew it!

Not gay and we chat (here) .... so what's next? :)

I was going to get my portion of laughter for today :laugh:

OP - if you spend enough time thinking about that guy to post here - it does not look like you want to be his "friend." Actually, that is what a lot of women think when they start talking to a man - it is not serious, we are friends, etc. Then they end up married and sometimes with broken hearts and empty bank accounts (I actually know of a girl like that - one of my friends, and can say that it can be very difficult to deal with the consequences of meeting a sankie). Well, you know yourself better than anyone else... Good luck!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
That's right

Send money and you'll receive Sankie Antidote ... where you say? "send money" to me of course :)

Next time he/she calls tell him/her that you are so daggone excited to tell them that there is a WESTERN UNION office right in your town. Wait for their answer, it should be a good one that they too are pleased because their gran mammie, papi, primo whatever is sick or dead (for the millionth time) and they need money. This is when you giggle a little bit and suck in some air for drama and then pause a few seconds. Then you tell them....NO YOU DUMB BASTARD....I WANT YOU TO SEND ME MONEY AND I WANT IT EVERY WEEK!

LOL.. Oh this is way too much fun!!!!

momita

May 17, 2006
What is the exact moment I will know for sure he is a bone fide sankie?
V

Moment when he tells you that he loves you and he wants to marry you........:-0....just run girl...just run away......!!!!Be realistic and do not fool yourself.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a rather odd question. i would think you "expose" a sankie by exposing yourself in terms of money, sex, clothes or whatever you do for him. exposing your true feelings for a scam artist is exposure enough don't ya think ?

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Rent a friend ....

I see myself having friends in many places as I do travel frequently. I think it would be nice to have someone to visit if/when I go back to the DR. Why does it have to be all or nothing? As long as the relationship is not hurting me or draining me I don't see the harm in it. Am I wrong?

The truth is I like this person. Like him as in we get along and have fun together. Why do I need to cut if off if I don't want to marry him? I am sure he will cut me loose when he realizes he can't use me - if that is his intention.

I talk to many people here at home - I don't have a shortage of male company if I choose. I also have a demanding career that takes up a lot of my time. I am not looking for an intense relationship or something serious.

I would hate believe I am soooo cynical or that relationships between men and women are so cut and dry. Is nothing pure anymore?

You have the answers so why ask .... you want to expose the sankie but you want to be his friend, you have a demanding career but still have time to travel .... how many people talking at the same time in your head??? Your employer know they're underpaying you .... looks like they have a few extra employees without knowing it!!!! :rolleyes:

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006

Just be friends, if u say it doesnt hurt u or draining u why cut off someone who u never know can be a good friend to u , take it slow. Maybe he is a sankie maybe hes not only time will let u figure it out! And when ure gut feeling tells u that something isnt right thats when u know to back away but if not just let things be. I belive everybody deserve a chance and not to be judged u never know what type of opportunity ure facing or pushing away.

Vee510

Nov 4, 2006
Thanks!

You have the answers so why ask .... you want to expose the sankie but you want to be his friend, you have a demanding career but still have time to travel .... how many people talking at the same time in your head??? Your employer know they're underpaying you .... looks like they have a few extra employees without knowing it!!!! :rolleyes:

Is this supposed to be witty? I guess it's easy to attack someone from behind a computer - kudos shadInToronto! I aspire to be equally courageous someday.....

It is sad that personally insulting someone is the best way you have determined to make a point. I do have a demanding career and works a lot of overtime. So, when I do get my time off I like to go away and have the money to do so. Funny how you focus on the most irrelevant part of the thread.

Regardless of how many "people" I have talking in my head - I am still not the kind of person to judge prematurely or pass judgement on strangers. And thankfully, not even one of my "voices" is ignorant, degrading or condescending. Looks like we have enough of that in this rotten world.

I do believe there is good in all people - and quite frankly - there are people who post on this board that are worse then sankies. At least sankies are running their game to "survive". The evil that lives here is just for sport.

Thank you to the wonderful and supportive people who responded to my post positively and PM'd me. ;)

Vee

p.s. just because I don't want to marry the guy and be friends does not make me "gay". It is unbelievable what people write here. Very disappointing to a newbie of this board.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Don't attack the messenger, please ....

Is this supposed to be witty? I guess it's easy to attack someone from behind a computer - kudos shadInToronto! I aspire to be equally courageous someday.....

It is sad that personally insulting someone is the best way you have determined to make a point. I do have a demanding career and works a lot of overtime. So, when I do get my time off I like to go away and have the money to do so. Funny how you focus on the most irrelevant part of the thread.

Regardless of how many "people" I have talking in my head - I am still not the kind of person to judge prematurely or pass judgement on strangers. And thankfully, not even one of my "voices" is ignorant, degrading or condescending. Looks like we have enough of that in this rotten world.

I do believe there is good in all people - and quite frankly - there are people who post on this board that are worse then sankies. At least sankies are running their game to "survive". The evil that lives here is just for sport.

Thank you to the wonderful and supportive people who responded to my post positively and PM'd me. ;)

Vee

p.s. just because I don't want to marry the guy and be friends does not make me "gay". It is unbelievable what people write here. Very disappointing to a newbie of this board.
Advice comes in many different forms and it's up to you to decipher the message ... there are no Joyce, Hemingway, Steinbeck, Shakespeare, .... here. Overwhelmingly you were advised to cut this creep off (I'm not being judgmental, just repeating what was posted earlier) yet you seem inclined to remain friends with him. Your last post contradicts your earlier post in which you inquired about exposing his "sankie" behaviour. Do you see my logic here?

As for being non-judgmental of strangers, your high-lited statements above sure sound like you've prejudged some people here (including me) ... is this "judgmental"? :ermm: