How Much does the PN Head get paid?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
As for the original question in this thread, the Major General, P.N. Rafael Guillermos Guzman Fermin, stated that his SALARY was RD$197,000 a month!! and that his total assets are over 35 MILLION...gee, do you think ?????

HB

He has been really thrifty over the years! almost 200k a month before taxes, thats, 2million a year at present rate, hell only 15 years of saving everything he makes not spending any. assuming that he has been making this amount for the last 15 years. lol:bunny:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I know nobody of any moderate wealth who has saved it from their salary.
People invest,people leverage, people speculate to accumulate.
I am not saying this guy is a choirboy but to say that he should posses no more than his cumulative salary is plain daft.

Reactions: ExtremeR

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I am not saying this guy is a choirboy but to say that he should posses no more than his cumulative salary is plain daft.

Thank you for stating the obvious.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

Agreed, but with a lot of tongue in cheek. Its still a hell of an amount unless he bought property, and then found a gold mine. REally good investments. would make Berkshire-Hathaway look like a piker. :bunny::bunny::bunny:

What kind of investments here on the Island would have this rate of return? Don't know how long he has been a General. but the 15 years would be almost half of a normal Military career. Then again maybe its family money. ;):tired:

Easy Extreme You know what the intent was. This is the same as the General that was after the built the McDonald's on Churchill. Did not get a franchise because the income stream did not support the Franchise fee's, Yes had the money but no support for it. He then changed the name to McDowells (remember movie coming to america). This is the present McDonald's on Churchill. :bored::paranoid:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I was reading of some other General who was recently being criticised for having 34 million pesos in assets. When I read the report that inspired the criticism it transpired he had 29 million of debts as well.

Do not get me wrong - it is obvious that some dodgy stuff is going on here. I am not trying to suggest that there are no shenanigans - I am Pedrochemical, not NALS!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
According to one story I heard, the guy was a Summa Cum Laude graduate in engineering, and one of the mainstays of the Prestressed Concrete company that provides all of the light posts and structures for the overpasses, and flyways and bridges.
Plus the fact that Daddy was also a Major General and Chief of Police back in the Dark Days....before all this talk about transparency and rule of law...

No matter, we all know about 1/2 of this was ill-gained, at least...

HB