How much was the P-R renewal fee before August 2012 ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wait !!
You renewed your Residency in June and yet it's still waiting for you to be picked-up in Santiago ??

Were you sleeping for 3 and a half months ?

No, I just don't go often to Santiago. The residency card is not used for anything but entering or leaving the country. I will pick it up before I leave again.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Has anyone been to Santiago Migracion to ask what they will now be doing? Will they be closed or will they get their own doctor and xray machine and fingerprint machine? And what about the new office in Punta Cana?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Matilda
Apparently - this is not first hand info - the office in Punta Cana is working well, with hardly any waiting time, and there is a doctor and x-ray machine onsite. Will ask about fingerprint machine. Applicants and renewers need to go to Higuey for the Police report (buena conducta). A friend was supposed to be renewing this week so I'll ask her how it went.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Has anyone been to Santiago Migracion to ask what they will now be doing? Will they be closed or will they get their own doctor and xray machine and fingerprint machine? And what about the new office in Punta Cana?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Matilda

I just picked up my residency card in Santiago on Thursday September 27, 2012. I had paid for it on June 19, 2012. It is dated August 8, 2012 and is valid until August 8, 2014. Price was $RD 4,100 for the 2 year card and a form. Renewing for 4 years was not possible when I did my renewal, but then nothing other than paying for it and two trips to Santiago were needed. My card was probably waiting for me for about 6 weeks in Santiago.

I asked Eva, who currently handles residency renewals in that office, what is going to happen for my next renewal and she said do not worry about that now. She thought that in two years things will almost certainly be different.

For Matilda: If the new rules stay in place when you need to renew, as far as we know now you will have to go to Santo Domingo twice and go through all of the "new rules" currently required paperwork, medical exam, etc. in Santo Domingo. Eva's office in Santiago is very small and does not even have a finger print scanner or camera. I do not see Eva's office expanding to handle what currently needs to be done in Santo Domingo. (Eva's office is part of another government office concerning Dominican business development. )

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Indeed I was pleasantly surprised by the extended date. It had actually expired at the end of May and I expected the new date of expiration to be May 30, 2014

So you got about 2 - 1/2 months for free.

Now compare to me who renewed 45 days before the expiry date (after reading the scarry dr1 forums about the new changes), and paying an extra 1000 peso VIP even though I was still in Santo-Domingo for 2 weeks after my VIP renewal.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
damn, i went to renew my residency in santiago in august, cannot remember the date, there was a thread about it. still waiting for the pickup, nearly two month - if not exactly two month - later.
paid 4.100 pesos and was told no other option but a two year renewal.
will let you know how things develop, i'm gonna have my mother in law call to inquire about it tomorrow. her name should strike fear in their feeble hearts....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a quick question, windeguy, did you have to leave your old residency card upon application in santiago? i did. and all this starts to worry me. i wanted to do things the easy way and i am afraid i only made it worse...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
a quick question, windeguy, did you have to leave your old residency card upon application in santiago? i did. and all this starts to worry me. i wanted to do things the easy way and i am afraid i only made it worse...

Yes, they take the OLD card............................
I made a copy of mine before I went there.

damn, i went to renew my residency in santiago in august, cannot remember the date, there was a thread about it. still waiting for the pickup, nearly two month - if not exactly two month - later.
will let you know how things develop, i'm gonna have my mother in law call to inquire about it tomorrow. her name should strike fear in their feeble hearts....

Here is the thread where you went to Migracion with HB

http://www.dr1.com/forums/central/125416-direccion-general-de-migracion-santiago-2.html

Remember, you need your receipt to pick up your new card.

Phone number to call BTW is: 809-971-1333

Don - Santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Yes, everyone has to leave their old residency card behind, as did I. Eva called me when my new card was in Santiago.

SantiagoDR: I did not need my receipt to pick up my new card.

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011

I thought August 1, was the deadline before you fall under the new rules.

If you renewed in August it must have been the very first day, unless Santiago is in a very different time zone.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I thought August 1, was the deadline before you fall under the new rules.

If you renewed in August it must have been the very first day, unless Santiago is in a very different time zone.

I believe the deadline was August 8th (Or there about).

SantiagoDR: I did not need my receipt to pick up my new card.

When Eva was on vacation her boss told me I needed the receipt.
Her boss ASKED me for it and said I needed it to get my card.
Typical responses here, all depends on who you talk to.