How safe are non gated areas Sosua?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A very sad testament indeed. Surely, there is some place in this world, with a nice climate and serene beaches where you would not feel like a prisoner of your own device.

Yoy can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

And if you own real estate in the DR and want to sell for a profit...you could be here a very long time. So buy wisely.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I live kind of near playa Chiquita. I live with my wife in a non-gated community. Walled house with bars on all windows. Obviously I never bring working girls home. We have never had a problem here....we also have 5 dogs. My neighbour down the street, a single guy, bring working girls home often. He has been robbed twice now in one month. Shocker!!!! Most robberies, murders and home invasions usually go back to bringing working girls or strangers into your house. Don't do it!!!Never. It blows my mind how people sell stuff online and have people come to their house to buy it. Be smart and stay safe.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
NOT to alarm or indicate that this or that area is bad or prone to more problems then another. Just going back to what Mr. Webster, others and myself have already said with a little reinforcement.

As told to us by our "resident" PN. ONE house with 3 others very close, very small lots, was robbed the other day. Empty lots on one side and very little else in the area. Low walls and in MHO, very easy to enter/exit this little complex. About a block from Aqua Blue. (they are gated with security and this is NO reflection on them and just using as a general reference point.)

The single resident had left the house and did NOT lock the doors. It appears that someone was watching and robbed him of around 15K Euros and maybe a computer. Nothing else was touched.

To me, this appears to be someone that knew where he hid his money and was a quick grab and run since other items of value were not disturbed nor the place ransacked looking for valuables. I may be wrong?

Tis the season for gift taking as it is every year at this time.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
NOT to alarm or indicate that this or that area is bad or prone to more problems then another. Just going back to what Mr. Webster, others and myself have already said with a little reinforcement.

As told to us by our "resident" PN. ONE house with 3 others very close, very small lots, was robbed the other day. Empty lots on one side and very little else in the area. Low walls and in MHO, very easy to enter/exit this little complex. About a block from Aqua Blue. (they are gated with security and this is NO reflection on them and just using as a general reference point.)

The single resident had left the house and did NOT lock the doors. It appears that someone was watching and robbed him of around 15K Euros and maybe a computer. Nothing else was touched.

To me, this appears to be someone that knew where he hid his money and was a quick grab and run since other items of value were not disturbed nor the place ransacked looking for valuables. I may be wrong?

Tis the season for gift taking as it is every year at this time.

Was he saving this money for a major purchase, which he may have talked about ? Or made a recent money transfer - Otherwise the ladrones may have just got lucky instead of targeting him. Better to never leave that much money in your house - never ever, even in North America or Europe.

Feel sorry for this person but not even locking the doors is like putting up a sign that says "ROB ME"

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I live kind of near playa Chiquita. I live with my wife in a non-gated community. Walled house with bars on all windows. Obviously I never bring working girls home. We have never had a problem here....we also have 5 dogs. My neighbour down the street, a single guy, bring working girls home often. He has been robbed twice now in one month. Shocker!!!! Most robberies, murders and home invasions usually go back to bringing working girls or strangers into your house. Don't do it!!!Never. It blows my mind how people sell stuff online and have people come to their house to buy it. Be smart and stay safe.

Indeed. Common sense is a must.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A very sad testament indeed. Surely, there is some place in this world, with a nice climate and serene beaches where you would not feel like a prisoner of your own device.

I am sure there are such places and at far higher prices than the DR. Trade offs. Life is about trade offs.

As for the OP's original question, it can only be answered if a specific house in a specific location is the subject. There are many areas around Sosua with far different potential levels of crime.