how safe is it really?

May 31, 2005
Criss Colon said:
And many fewer crimes per capita than the Dominican Republic!The murder rate in NYC is one of the lowest of all major cities in the World.It has been declining since "Julliani" was first elected!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Giuliani also got rid of the sex places on 42nd street. Off topic, I know but it reminded me of that.

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Singapore bashing ?

Nal0whs said:
Have you seen the place?

It's the size of a postage stamp!

It's funny that the San Marino's government revenue comes from the sales of, guess what, postage stamps!

Other places where crime is hardly heard of includes Singapore, Dubai, and other strict places where freedom is only a concept.

Well, knowing Singapore in the 70ies with all the dirt and considering that they have forbidden the infamous littering and spitting onto the sidewalks, you are right that there is a lack of freedom now :cross-eye

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Safety is relative, I suppose

However, those of us that have lived our lives here, feel safe, truly safe.

That said, my family and I have been robbed a few times, one of my sons was assaulted (at 3:00 a.m. as he was getting into his car near a nightspot), my wife had some fake jewlery ripped off of her neck two blocks from the house. She just yelled "Ha ha! YOu think you got something!!" Some a$$holes tried to assault my daughter but she ran them off the road! And this, over the course of some 40 + years...Of course we all applaud the news when the Police shoot and kill a robber..who gives a phuck about those pieces of schitt? Not even their families, I'll tell you!.

I loved Kingofdice's story about his mom....good ol' West Virginia gal.."Git outta here!" Of course, she was very wise and knew her surroundings....

D@mn, I loved that story!!

All told, I have never had a problem! Not in Santo Domingo, Not in Mao, not in Santiago...

I do choose my friends wisely (at least I think so...:p:p)...

Versus NYC? No problems there, either. One of my last times there I was staying at a friend's apt up on W 161 ST., and there was a drug sales point in the building. First thing my host (a retired DR Navy colonel) did was to ID me to the guys at the door: "Tierra!" "?C?mo estamos?" And things were smooth as could be....

All told, if you live a quiet life, choose your friends well, you will be happy and safe.

HB :D:D

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Nal0whs said:
Other places where crime is hardly heard of includes Singapore, Dubai, and other strict places where freedom is only a concept.
Didn't Singapore Cane-Whip some punk american kid for writing graffiti on some guys property??