How to cook pulpo? URGENT!

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
With the help and friendly advice of the whole DR.1 community a perfect result was obtained. Two ways!

In case of a public interest I will further elaborate.

Please do.

Pulpo is also a great substitute for La Pela. :cheeky:

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
Please do.

Pulpo is also a great substitute for La Pela. :cheeky:

OK, I did it!

Very little work and an excellent result!
To begin with, I have a small automatic rice cooker Zojirushi (a friendly gift of a rich norteamericano) that you just put all the ingredients in and press the button. Bingo. It cooks, and when done - keeps the meal inside hot for up to three days.

So on my way home from work I stopped at the Ole and bought some stuff from heart without any specific plan or list: tomato paste, soy oil, sazon ranchero liquido picante, magic time original hot sauce, vinagre de ajo, salsa china (as a salt substitute),pimienta de cayena molida, ajo, a bottle of sambuca and 5 LB of octopuses.

At home I divided it by 2.5LB and 2.5 LB for two different types of cooking.

One - in a sauce pan (deep enough). Washed the pulpo and cut in cubes 1 inch x 1 inch. Then mixed together oil, pasta, some salza, some soy sauce, some vinagre, some cayenne pepper and three or four minced cloves of garlic. Put it all on a low heat for four-five hours with occasional stirring. That was it. The result was extremelly tasty but just a bit rubbery.

For the second half I mixed the same ingredients. But instead of oil added water. Put it all into the rice cooker and left for 24 hours. A most wonderfull pulpo soupe a mortal can imagine and sample!! And much more tender pulpo meat. Except some end extremities that kept a bit rubbery. But you can swallow your tongue mongers!!

Now my ultimate dream is to buy ALOT of pulpo and to cook it and to invite all the members of DR.1 for a big pulpo fiesta of this Century.

This is my ultimate dream now.

Last edited:

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
My next plan is to process the cooked pulpo with the resulting broth through the Vitamix (a gift of another rich estadounidense) and to make a mind bogging pulpo soup-puree!
Stay tune!

Reactions: waytogo

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
My next plan is to process the cooked pulpo with the resulting broth through the Vitamix (a gift of another rich estadounidense) and to make a mind bogging pulpo soup-puree!
Stay tune!

It worked great too! After just two minutes in the Vitamix I got a product being second to none in the World! OMG!! I cannot believe my eyes!!