How to deal with military/government chiefs who abuse their position?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
What folks don't realise is that it is not possible to befriend those in charge or on duty as there is a different one each time.This is probably a deliberate action to prevent cronyism setting in and abuse of power.

What we need is a set of rules,they can even be stupid or illogical or downright perfect,that are published and that people can adhere to or contest legally.
Each uniform/badge wearing 'official' seems to think they can invent their own rules with impunity with no regard to the inconvenience this could cause by the domino effect.

It is honestly not possible to talk logic with them - total waste of time, but a published and available book of rules would be nice.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What folks don't realise is that it is not possible to befriend those in charge or on duty as there is a different one each time.This is probably a deliberate action to prevent cronyism setting in and abuse of power.

What we need is a set of rules,they can even be stupid or illogical or downright perfect,that are published and that people can adhere to or contest legally.
Each uniform/badge wearing 'official' seems to think they can invent their own rules with impunity with no regard to the inconvenience this could cause by the domino effect.

It is honestly not possible to talk logic with them - total waste of time, but a published and available book of rules would be nice.

I disagree on your points.
In my experience I have befriended one military official and it seems that person can make a call to the new one in charge and make things happen. The military seem to know many other officials and if they don't, they will find out who does and still make things happen in your favor.
Joe might think it's funny to poke fingers at my approach but I didn't spend 18 yrs of my life here drinking cuba-libre at the beach. In general I don't need any friends anymore as i can talk my way out of any situation but if I am cornered then I have people that I can call to. I still think we should integrate with the dominicans in all areas of life and make friends with people who are in in charge of authority. The problem is many expats are usually chopa/hooker chasers and expert to semi-professional alcoholics. I am not talking about beeza here, just a general expression of what I have seen over the years. Not many dominicans with authority would care to meet a gringo who shows up with an ex UBH or a bar girl.
How about that for being the old AZB? now start the insults. enjoy your day.
AZB

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I disagree on your points.
In my experience I have befriended one military official and it seems that person can make a call to the new one in charge and make things happen. The military seem to know many other officials and if they don't, they will find out who does and still make things happen in your favor.
Joe might think it's funny to poke fingers at my approach but I didn't spend 18 yrs of my life here drinking cuba-libre at the beach. In general I don't need any friends anymore as i can talk my way out of any situation but if I am cornered then I have people that I can call to. I still think we should integrate with the dominicans in all areas of life and make friends with people who are in in charge of authority. The problem is many expats are usually chopa/hooker chasers and expert to semi-professional alcoholics. I am not talking about beeza here, just a general expression of what I have seen over the years. Not many dominicans with authority would care to meet a gringo who shows up with an ex UBH or a bar girl.
How about that for being the old AZB? now start the insults. enjoy your day.
AZB

You have totally missed the point.
But we are used to that.