HUGE Lidom Game Tonight:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
this is just too funny,,,,,,,,,, apparently there are two feeds. one live and one a game delay. for whatever reason what i was watching switched. i log in on a different pc and now it is bottom of the 8th, three innings vanished.......

came back to edit post:

too good to be true, back on the game delay feed. well at least i know bottom of the 8th, Licey up 4-2 and Licey about to change pitchers

another edit: now the feed is coming from someone's living room as they are show a live stream of the game on their TV

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
game over, Licey wins 4-3. final game Wednesday night. I think i may just pay for that streaming site cobraboy mentioned above, than again this was more fun not know what i was watching when. the live stream from someone's home actually had a small segment of an attractive lady doing some rapping to the music..........

funny night........... one thing i have learned is you don't get upset when crazy stuff like this happens, lay back and enjoy the fun

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
game over, Licey wins 4-3. final game Wednesday night. I think i may just pay for that streaming site cobraboy mentioned above, than again this was more fun not know what i was watching when. the live stream from someone's home actually had a small segment of an attractive lady doing some rapping to the music..........

funny night........... one thing i have learned is you don't get upset when crazy stuff like this happens, lay back and enjoy the fun
The DRSports stream is worth it.

It all comes down to one game tonight.

Terrific series. If I were a betting man, I'd give Licey the home field advantage.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The DRSports stream is worth it.

It all comes down to one game tonight.

Terrific series. If I were a betting man, I'd give Licey the home field advantage.

If I were a betting man i wouldn't bet........

Hey CB where has "Retire" been? I noticed he hasn't chimed in on this thread.

Last edited:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Congratulations Aguilas, that's it till next season..................

but when a team loses 2 out of 4 championship games on their home field they don't deserve to be Champs. Licey opened the season losing to the Aguilas at home and ended the season the same way.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

but when a team loses 2 out of 4 championship games on their home field they don't deserve to be Champs. Licey opened the season losing to the Aguilas at home and ended the season the same way.

You’re right.
Mr AE is in mourning.  

Sep 4, 2012

I did mention the Aguilas never find a way to just die SMH.......

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Aguiluchos are ecstatic! It's been a while since they earned "Campeones."

I wasn't confident the Aguilas could beat a very good and motivated Licey in their home stadium, but they did. I was nervous when Licey seemed to be systematically chipping away at the Aguilas lead making it 4-2, then 6-4.

On to the Caribbean Series. First game is 2/3 vs. Venezuela. I'm trying to find TV details.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..............On to the Caribbean Series. First game is 2/3 vs. Venezuela. I'm trying to find TV details.

Maybe start a new thread? Should be OK as it is still Dominicans playing baseball. I think ESPN may be showing the games.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Aguiluchos are ecstatic! It's been a while since they earned "Campeones."

I wasn't confident the Aguilas could beat a very good and motivated Licey in their home stadium, but they did. I was nervous when Licey seemed to be systematically chipping away at the Aguilas lead making it 4-2, then 6-4.

On to the Caribbean Series. First game is 2/3 vs. Venezuela. I'm trying to find TV details.

Today's DR1 News:

Aguilas fans celebrate
The Aguilas Cibaeñas defeated the Tigres del Licey 11-5 in an electrifying game on Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at the Quisqueya-Juan Marichal Ball Park in Santo Domingo to win the Dominican Winter Professional Baseball 2017-2018 Championship in the 7th game of the 7-4 championship playoffs.

The victory is credited to the efforts of general manager Manny Acta, in his second year with the Aguilas as part of a reorganization of the team following the return presidency of Winston (Chilote) Llenas. The Aguilas had 10 years without a championship. Team manager, Puerto Rican Lino Rivera celebrated his second victory in the Dominican baseball league. He has only managed on two occasions.

Christian Bethancourt, Aguilas catcher, was named the Most Valuable Player.

The Aguilas team had come prepared to leave on 1 February to Mexico to play on 2 February in the Caribbean Series in Guadalajara against teams from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Mexico. The Dominican team plays its first game against Venezuela on Saturday, 3 February. The series ends on 8 February.

The Caribbean Series will be televised on CDN Sports Max, CDN Canal 37 and Digital 15 TV. On radio, fans can follow the series on Voz de las Fuerzas Armadas 106.9FM and 102.7FM.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Today's DR1 News:

The Aguilas team had come prepared to leave on 1 February to Mexico to play on 2 February in the Caribbean Series in Guadalajara .....................

That is what you call thinking positive..............

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
....the party at the monument went to 4.30 this morning...crazy loud...went the 3 blocks at 2 am just to watch.....Doc......

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Today's DR1 News:

Aguilas fans celebrate
The Aguilas Cibaeñas defeated the Tigres del Licey 11-5 in an electrifying game on Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at the Quisqueya-Juan Marichal Ball Park in Santo Domingo to win the Dominican Winter Professional Baseball 2017-2018 Championship in the 7th game of the 7-4 championship playoffs.

The victory is credited to the efforts of general manager Manny Acta, in his second year with the Aguilas as part of a reorganization of the team following the return presidency of Winston (Chilote) Llenas. The Aguilas had 10 years without a championship. Team manager, Puerto Rican Lino Rivera celebrated his second victory in the Dominican baseball league. He has only managed on two occasions.

Christian Bethancourt, Aguilas catcher, was named the Most Valuable Player.

The Aguilas team had come prepared to leave on 1 February to Mexico to play on 2 February in the Caribbean Series in Guadalajara against teams from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Mexico. The Dominican team plays its first game against Venezuela on Saturday, 3 February. The series ends on 8 February.

The Caribbean Series will be televised on CDN Sports Max, CDN Canal 37 and Digital 15 TV. On radio, fans can follow the series on Voz de las Fuerzas Armadas 106.9FM and 102.7FM.
I hope to find a online streaming outlet...

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Sad for Licey...but wishing the DR team the best. I remember years ago the celebrations on the Malecon in SD when either Licey or Escogido won. The manager of Santiago while he is from PR most of his experience is managing in the Mexican League.