I can use some support on this

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
This story has so many holes in it, I don't know where to start.

Codetel doesn't let an account go past more than a month without cutting services, so I don't believe an account could get that high in a month.

I have received calls from Codetel when Ingrid is late paying her bill by more than a few days, and it's always just a friendly reminder that the bill should be paid immediately to avoid suspension of service.

(I really like the mindset of the OP. "I have to pay it, obligao")

I agree with everyone else. Ignore the clowns that call. Have her go to Codetel and request an itemized bill of all charges.

They will be more than happy to supply you with one. If she says she can't get one of those, it's time to start looking for a new "amiga", partner..

Its funny how folks see what they want and run with it...
I never said I would pay anything but some found quotes of this...

I appreciate the advice JD and others
some of you are drinking way too much presidente
and I cant wait til i get back to join ya'll

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hmmmm

Hmm..Tempting

no serious she is a long time friend, who I've been with for years.
I have to take care of it. obligao. I care for this woman tremendously Besides thats the credit I use in sto dgo.

so....you wont pay any amount? then what are you planning on letting happen? this is the 'credit' you use in Sto Dgo? nicely put...something is very fishy here :ermm:

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
so....you wont pay any amount? then what are you planning on letting happen? this is the 'credit' you use in Sto Dgo? nicely put...something is very fishy here :ermm:

Dispute it....definitely

the thing is the gentleman that was to invest I believe was speaking with and manipulating someone there. Sounds crazy I know but this dude is one slick prick and I think he had them reinstate the internet plan after we left. because the attny says that there was dialouge with thier rep. at codetel and someone.

and I know that he has done shady **** since then so I'm thinking something shady with them as well.

But I recieved some good advice here. And according to folks here they will negotiate whatever the amount is or at least are inclined to negotiating. That helps! Also not to think much of it until I see docs. I have spoke with the attny for them yes.

but yes thx everyone keep it coming.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
I will say this

dr1 holds no punches when it comes to soft men. lol

Fortunately I'm not one

however they should send all men and women that enter the country to a DR1 head-start program...

and when we feel their ready release them to the wolves

thanks to all
pero pendejo no soy yo

Reactions: Celt202

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey lobo, why dont you just cut your losses? why even agree to settle this if it's not your mess to begin with? i dont know who this 'prick' you are talking about is or in relation to you and or this girl but it doesnt seem wise to get involved in all this nonsense.
uno no tiene que ser pendejo para ver que esta situacion es maligna.
and you have an attorney involved? someone is looking to make pull a quick one on you my friend. but thats my 2 cents....

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
hey lobo, why dont you just cut your losses? why even agree to settle this if it's not your mess to begin with? i dont know who this 'prick' you are talking about is or in relation to you and or this girl but it doesnt seem wise to get involved in all this nonsense.
uno no tiene que ser pendejo para ver que esta situacion es maligna.
and you have an attorney involved? someone is looking to make pull a quick one on you my friend. but thats my 2 cents....

your right!
however I did use her credit before in the past it was used so that I can move around and get a small call center up using the least amount of my funds upfront. She was there and allowed me to do so. I honestly appreciated that and would like to continue to build from here.
the prick is a guy that I brought with me to sto dgo someone i had done business with before.
I didnt know then that he had some legal issues that were coming to a head and cannot return to the US even if he wanted to. I guess he soon realized how hard it became to live there without a plan in place to produce so he became a shady individual.(in my experience) quickly wore his welcome out in sosua and moved south.
I am thinking that he did something with her name. I dont know how. but I know him and if its him then its really not her fault.
because she dont know him.
I do know that he also wore his welcome out in santiago
im thinking because of stuff like this.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Exactly, they would cut it off after the first unpaid bill, they are really quick at it.

Yes all good advice, but even if they cut off the service, you still get billed the rate as per your contract, sign contract today for 18 months for service of RD$5,000.00 per month, do not pay your first months bill they cut you off, the bill keeps coming each and every month RD$5,000.00 more each time plus the late charges, so 200K bill is very possible.

YOU SIGN THEY GOT YOU FOR THE CONTRACT PERIOD and THE AMOUNT, try and fight it, if it is legite and in collections make a deal and go on, go to court, HERE and lose because it is a dutiful Debt, you will also pay other parties legal counsel.

Although I believe your particular situation is a con from outside or inside, let us know when you have seen the Contract, they must produce the contract and the final bill.

g'luck

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
Yes all good advice, but even if they cut off the service, you still get billed the rate as per your contract, sign contract today for 18 months for service of RD$5,000.00 per month, do not pay your first months bill they cut you off, the bill keeps coming each and every month RD$5,000.00 more each time plus the late charges, so 200K bill is very possible.

YOU SIGN THEY GOT YOU FOR THE CONTRACT PERIOD and THE AMOUNT, try and fight it, if it is legite and in collections make a deal and go on, go to court, HERE and lose because it is a dutiful Debt, you will also pay other parties legal counsel.

Although I believe your particular situation is a con from outside or inside, let us know when you have seen the Contract, they must produce the contract and the final bill.

g'luck

Very good advice.
Thank you all
I do appreciate it.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
exactly what donluis99 said,
and in addition,
If Codetel claims such a high Bill in Court, she will receive a paper from the aguacil to appear in front of the Fiscal and get heard there.
if she signed a typical 18months contract and did not cancel it in written letters with the cancelling Fees paid, then legally she will be in charge to pay the monthly Fees til the signed contract's end, usual for such contracts is 18 months.
if somebody else, your fishy ex-companion or who ever else, used the services during some time period and she did not complain in written letters that somebody else is steeling Her services, then from the legal side She owns that money to Codetel, and Codetel will take any needed step to get it.
they firstly contact directly, phone call first but I would await a personal meeting with their Lawyer right after such call, if no agreement can be reached they would go to court, that's when she will receive the paper to show up at the Fiscal's office for her hearing/questioning. she should consult a good lawyer to acompany her to that hearing.
you guys did the big mistake to sign a long running contract and you did not cancel it when you stopped operations, a big and finally costly mistake.
good luck
Mike

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
exactly what donluis99 said,
and in addition,
If Codetel claims such a high Bill in Court, she will receive a paper from the aguacil to appear in front of the Fiscal and get heard there.
if she signed a typical 18months contract and did not cancel it in written letters with the cancelling Fees paid, then legally she will be in charge to pay the monthly Fees til the signed contract's end, usual for such contracts is 18 months.
if somebody else, your fishy ex-companion or who ever else, used the services during some time period and she did not complain in written letters that somebody else is steeling Her services, then from the legal side She owns that money to Codetel, and Codetel will take any needed step to get it.
they firstly contact directly, phone call first but I would await a personal meeting with their Lawyer right after such call, if no agreement can be reached they would go to court, that's when she will receive the paper to show up at the Fiscal's office for her hearing/questioning. she should consult a good lawyer to acompany her to that hearing.
you guys did the big mistake to sign a long running contract and you did not cancel it when you stopped operations, a big and finally costly mistake.
good luck
Mike

I tell ya I'm getting some good info from you guys. This forum is amazing! But thank god no contract was signed by this young lady, none that I know of. I do believe something fishy is going on because there was a contract done but not in her name.
I am in very good standing with her credit In Fact does this site have a link for financing? lol but seriously..

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if she did not sign a contract then nobody can Claim anything from her.
if you did not sign a contract neither, nobody can claim anything from both of you.
but somebody signed a contract, otherwise you would not have had that Internet Service.
that constellations does not sound much right to me, something weird.
Mike

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
Brother, you just muddied the water with that statement. If she didn't sign a contract, who did?

If you didn't either, you can pretty much write off the guy that's calling....

An office/operation was opened..
an account with codetel was opened...
the acct was not opened in her name
the operation was moved and the we settled and paid what was owed on the contract.

We inquired about new service never went forward with it because investor did not have what he said he had available.
(funding wise)

Great operation however I needed to make some money at the time and I was supporting a large portion of the office with my personal production until the guys became acclamated with the product. It was either pop it to next level where numbers played out or scale back bring to the home office or continue to push through. I chose to scale back. Put some duckets in my pocket

I felt that some shady biz was done because someone who could of gained access to her info and used it...

There is no signed contract in arrears attached to her or myself.

I actually recieved the advice I was looking for (negotiating debt owed) IF in the event I absoutley had to and it was something stupid like 5 mil pesos. I'd do it if I had to becuase its not worth destroying what I'm building for some small amount. regardless of right or wrong
I was inquiring about an attny in the event that this guy or someone committed fraud I can perhaps go after them.

el lobo loco

Jul 25, 2010
I obviously didnt post the whole scenario
just what I needed the support on.

Dont want to bore you folks with my dull life.

perhaps thats why theres muddy water and contellations
sounds like a perfect place for....
El Lobo Loco
err err awrrrooooo...

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
well when u get back over to the DR Investigate the situation and HER if u have too GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
While the story sounded really fishy at first I don't think this is a case of the girl wanting to take this guy to task. He looks like he has a clue and is just asking about how legal things works in the DR. Bottom line is if you didn't sign neither your GF then there's nothing to worry about, although I'll make sure myself inquiring with Codetel Legal department about it.

Reactions: MikeFisher