I can't believe what I just read!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
And I wonder if they will be charging us to gawk at a dead stiff.
Let him rest in peace.:ermm:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It would be better to make a wax model of him, rather than using the actual body.

This stuff may work well with stuffed animals (as found in Natural History museums in SDQ and around the world), not sure on humans.:ermm:

Although, there was an exhibition in NYC earlier this year of embalmed human body organs so we could see what the human body looks like without its skin.

Of course, I had to pass that "occasion".... :eek:gre:

-NALs

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
OMG I can't believe that. That is really messed up if they did do that. Can someone post a link to the news story?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Today's DR1 News, based on a report in the NY Daily News, quoted by Diario Libre:

De la Rosa to be enshrined
Andres Duran, spokesman for the recently deceased Dominican-born star Nelson de la Rosa, has announced that once the Rhode Island Forensics Lab has finished its autopsy, de la Rosa's body will be flown to the Dominican Republic where it will be embalmed and put into a museum. No word yet on which museum he will be taken to. This is according to a report in the New York Daily News, printed in today's Diario Libre. Duran also clarified earlier reports that de la Rosa had died in New York, by stating that he actually died in Rhode Island. De la Rosa, who was famous for being the world's shortest man, was returning from Chile, and was on his way to visit two of his brothers when he started having complications, believed to be cardiac-related. Duran explained that de la Rosa was originally going to be cremated, but plans have changed.

Sounds pretty sick to me. Mind you, it won't be the first time. Lenin's mausoleum springs to mind...

Was this man really the height of a newborn baby (just over 50cm)?!

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
It is sickening! He should be buried like everyone else. He was a human being and as such his body should be treated, with respect.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
To see him in action...

Today's DR1 News, based on a report in the NY Daily News, quoted by Diario Libre:

Sounds pretty sick to me. Mind you, it won't be the first time. Lenin's mausoleum springs to mind...

Was this man really the height of a newborn baby (just over 50cm)?!

rent the movie-The Island of Doctor Moreau- De La Rosa was Dr. Moreau's(Marlon Brando)sidekick Majai.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
That is sick, but not without precedent. I just read about 'El Negro', a man from African that was killed, stuffed and put on display in the 19th Century, until it ended up in a small town museum in Spain, where it was removed from the collection only in 2000! Apparently this kind of thing was all the rage in in the 19th century...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
That is sick, but not without precedent. I just read about 'El Negro', a man from African that was killed, stuffed and put on display in the 19th Century, until it ended up in a small town museum in Spain, where it was removed from the collection only in 2000! Apparently this kind of thing was all the rage in in the 19th century...

maybe this was his wish.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cabinet of curiosity

well, why not? i loved the idea of victorian cabinets of curiosities with a dog-man, woman with a beard, mummies, siamese twins in big jars with formaline...
we all like to see macabre, why else would people stop to look at the car accidents and the blood splashed on the alphalt? (or in case of DR, on sand)
admit it, you all WANT to see freaks of nature and this guy was just one of them!

after death his body is not HIM anymore in a sense it was when he was alive. death makes the body lose integrity with self and stops it from being a PERSON.

personally i'd love to see the guy, bit gore, but i like gore and i am not affraid to admit it.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
He was Pedro Martinez's (mets pitcher) Lucky charm when Pedro was with the Red Sox , lol, he would pose for pictures with the little man. He would carry him on his shoulders and keep him in the locker room maybe not in his locker though lol. RIP little man. He had a son and a wife, normal size.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
well, why not? i loved the idea of victorian cabinets of curiosities with a dog-man, woman with a beard, mummies, siamese twins in big jars with formaline...
we all like to see macabre, why else would people stop to look at the car accidents and the blood splashed on the alphalt? (or in case of DR, on sand)
admit it, you all WANT to see freaks of nature and this guy was just one of them!

after death his body is not HIM anymore in a sense it was when he was alive. death makes the body lose integrity with self and stops it from being a PERSON.

personally i'd love to see the guy, bit gore, but i like gore and i am not affraid to admit it.

HALLOWEEN is around the corner.:eek:gre:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
He was Pedro Martinez's (mets pitcher) Lucky charm when Pedro was with the Red Sox , lol, he would pose for pictures with the little man. He would carry him on his shoulders and keep him in the locker room maybe not in his locker though lol. RIP little man. He had a son and a wife, normal size.

LUCKY CHARM did not work out well this year for Pedrito.:ermm:

G

gary short

Wierd......... in fact........SSSSSSSPOOOOOKEYYYYY........btw have you ever seen any film on those two hairy circus freak Mexican brothers? I'm not talkin fat middle age speedo wearing Italians.....I'm talkin furry like a muskrat all over fur.....facial fur......ssssscaaaarrey.............666

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Wierd......... in fact........SSSSSSSPOOOOOKEYYYYY........btw have you ever seen any film on those two hairy circus freak Mexican brothers? I'm not talkin fat middle age speedo wearing Italians.....I'm talkin furry like a muskrat all over fur.....facial fur......ssssscaaaarrey.............666

What are the film names. Are these two guys coming soon to your local museum??????

G

gary short

You know A.......I don't know where their next performance is....but by god I'm going to find out and fly there...maybe I'll catch a jimmy Buffet concert at the same time......