I don't know if this is allowed..

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I really enjoyed reading your blog :classic:
I sure hope you can get to the bottom of this soon, sorry you're not feeling well.
We don't live in the DR full time yet but we are working towards that.
My husband ended up in the hospital for 3 days , from eating something that just wasn't right.
That was not fun at all.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Thanks for the laughs!!! Your blog is very funny and most enjoyable to read. I look forward to reading a lot more.
:bunny:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I really enjoyed reading your blog and looking forward to reading more of your
articles! I like your sense of humor.;) I got a good laugh out of reading your
experience in an elevator as it did remind me of a clown car in the circus where
you see an endless amount of clowns stepping out of a car no bigger than a kiddie
car.:D

Is there any way that you can fly back to the states and have testing done there so
they can determine what the problem is since doctors in the DR are unable to
determine the cause of your pain?

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
we all have had parasites or amoebas or both at times

IMO, they never truly go away.... just sleep a bit longer

washing in Cloro or w/ a drop iodine is a good idea....

My 20 yr veteran friend never eats tomatoes or lettuce any more..... still has 'episodes'

The 1st world stomachs are too clean these days.... more younger ones coming down with intestinal disorders than ever before due to less bacteria in their systems

we all need our little bugs to keep us happy !!!:rambo:

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
They tested for EVERYTHING. I swear to God they took almost all my blood and put it into tubes. No amoebas. Nothing. Nephritis can be life threatening but given the fact that I have symptoms that match it and we are out of options. It wasn't a "pick a straw" diagnosis. I have a lot of the symptoms.

It will all be explained in my next blog post.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013

My 20 yr veteran friend never eats tomatoes or lettuce any more..... still has 'episodes'

The 1st world stomachs are too clean these days.... more younger ones coming down with intestinal disorders than ever before due to less bacteria in their systems

Haha we just need the RIGHT bugs to keep us happy.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
I really enjoyed reading your blog and looking forward to reading more of your
articles! I like your sense of humor.;) I got a good laugh out of reading your
experience in an elevator as it did remind me of a clown car in the circus where
you see an endless amount of clowns stepping out of a car no bigger than a kiddie
car.:D

Is there any way that you can fly back to the states and have testing done there so
they can determine what the problem is since doctors in the DR are unable to
determine the cause of your pain?

Thank you so much! I am glad that you enjoyed reading it :) That makes me extremely happy.

The next step is to fly back to the states if this doesn't resolve with my newest round of treatment (which will all be explained in the next blog post).

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
I really enjoyed reading your blog :classic:
I sure hope you can get to the bottom of this soon, sorry you're not feeling well.
We don't live in the DR full time yet but we are working towards that.
My husband ended up in the hospital for 3 days , from eating something that just wasn't right.
That was not fun at all.

Oh no! That is so scary. You never know when it's going to get you. Good luck with coming to the DR full time and make sure you wash your veggies with clean water and iodine or cloro!!!

And thank you for reading my blog :) I am glad you enjoyed it. That means a lot t me!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
your hubby works in the mining industry? but the hospital pictures in your blog looked very much like emergency unit in clinica bournigal in POP?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

as an example.... I am in Canada now and have just met 'my little friends' again

their return is unpredictable but the signs are simple......

If I eat 1 oz of food.... 10 oz shows up in my stomach..... bloating... just small discomfort

no irregularity - or is that too much regularity?

just a fatso guy.... which I prefer not to be...

2 - 3 days.... normality returns./...

I eat less thinking I'm starving them out.....

oddly, I have less of this in RD...... go figure

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
your hubby works in the mining industry? but the hospital pictures in your blog looked very much like emergency unit in clinica bournigal in POP?

Nope. It was not in POP. I promise :) I am on the North Coast though. He has to travel a few hours to work.

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
Oh those elevators...the secret is to get pushed in a wheelchair and you go to the front :) (shhh don't tell too many people!!)

Dammit! Whenever they wheeled me in the wheelchair it was usually later and they used the special elevators with two doors. But I will keep this in mind for next time. Thanks for the tip!

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Good blog of first experiences as an expat in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is the country name not the Dominican.Americans would not say they are from the United. Dominicans fought hard to become a republic and we expats should honor their pride.

Good advice and I will do that in the future. I apologize for my mistakes.

No need to apologize.

There's lot of "Grammar Police" on DR1, that's their life!

I wonder how often they say:

Back in the "STATES"....... (Instead of "United States of America)
I'm from the "U.S.".......... (Instead of "U.S.A.")
In "America".................... (Instead of "North America" or "the United States of America")

But that's okay, we understand!
Must be "Hell" always speaking perfect grammar.

Anyway, I have been coming to the "Dominican" since 1991 and the only ones bitching about my grammar are "ex-pats".

I always thought the name of the country is "Rep?blica Dominicana", that's what it shows on everything official here, such as money, etc. :rambo:

Cwoo33

Sep 25, 2013
No need to apologize.

There's lot of "Grammar Police" on DR1, that's their life!

I wonder how often they say:

Back in the "STATES"....... (Instead of "United States of America)
I'm from the "U.S.".......... (Instead of "U.S.A.")
In "America".................... (Instead of "North America" or "the United States of America")

But that's okay, we understand!
Must be "Hell" always speaking perfect grammar.

Anyway, I have been coming to the "Dominican" since 1991 and the only ones bitching about my grammar are "ex-pats".

I always thought the name of the country is "Rep?blica Dominicana", that's what it shows on everything official here, such as money, etc. :rambo:

hahaha I love you for this. Grammar police are difficult (especially on forums!)! I think I will just start saying "DR" or "RD" to make everyone happy and switch it up. :)